Tuesday, January 14, 2014

a peek at our new house

You guys. We did it. We are in contract on the first house that we walked through, during our very brief house hunting stint. But to be fair, we did a lot of shopping online and driving through neighborhoods to eliminate houses. We are not in the business of wasting time going through homes in areas we don't like. So that really helped us to narrow down our home search. We went through this house twice, just to be certain. It meets all but two items on our wish list - both of which can be added later.

I couldn't wait to show you the new place we are going to call home in March, so I downloaded all the pictures of the house from the realtor's website. Enjoy the house eye candy:
 photo 127591_2_zpse7fbd0f4.jpg

The main floor.
I love being able to see from the front door straight through the large windows in the back of the house to the backyard. I also love that the stairs are not right in front of the door. It makes the entry way feel so open. And aren't the arches a nice touch?
 photo 127591_7_zps4564164f.jpg

 photo 127591_3_zps4c3f6071.jpg
 photo 127591_4_zps53aa1c4a.jpg
 photo 127591_8_zps00db821f.jpg

 photo 127591_9_zps29abc0bc.jpg

 photo 127591_11_zps938b368d.jpg

The second floor.
There are so many windows in this house. And if you watch HGTV at all, you'll know that natural light is a favorite phrase. This house has an ass load of natural light. I'm going to be able to get a tan inside my house in the summer! There are three bedrooms, two full bathrooms (one in the master suite), and a laundry room on this floor. And the master has his and hers walk-in closets!
 photo 127591_18_zpsf9769781.jpg

 photo 127591_19_zps1acf55f2.jpg

 photo 127591_20_zpse6e8f845.jpg

 photo 127591_21_zps5f02974c.jpg

 photo 127591_23_zpsab2d5cdc.jpg

 photo 127591_22_zps919422f1.jpg

 photo 127591_24_zpsad580158.jpg

 photo 127591_25_zps1950b5bd.jpg

The basement.
This will be Shawn's pride and joy. And I can't lie, it's pretty awesome. Yes, that is a home theatre system. And, yes, it is staying. As far as I know, everything else in the basement is going, but if you've ever tried to move a pool table, you know it's a bitch. So we'll see if they end up leaving it (and their tanning bed that is tucked away in the unfinished part of the basement). I don't want it, but Shawn says we could sell it. I say if they leave it we chop it up for firewood in the fire pit in the backyard.
 photo 127591_12_zps4ac5cb99.jpg
 photo 127591_13_zps5f6d566e.jpg
 photo 127591_14_zps8b51a65c.jpg
 photo 127591_15_zpsf3b1bc5c.jpg

The backyard.
The yard backs up to a wooded area, which will not be built on. This was a huge selling feature for us. Plus, the deck is awesome, there's a fire pit and there's an electric fence for our dogs that will be replaced hopefully this spring or summer with a real fence. Trust me, no electric fence is going to stop our crazy mutts. I cannot wait to host cookouts in this backyard!
 photo 127591_26_zpsada9f266.jpg

So that's it. All 2,500+ square feet of it. As Shawn says, I get the coolest birthday presents. And it is fitting that we will close on this house four days before my 30th birthday. March cannot get here soon enough!

26 comments:

emily said...

i love it! and if the tanning bed stays, i know someone that can use it! ;) ;)

Miss Chelsea said...

which bedroom do I get when I come visit??

callie ;) said...

i love it so much!!! i can't even count the number of things i love about it. so excited to see it in person in march! :)

Audra said...

Woooohoooooo!!!! :-)

Sarah said...

So cute!! Congrats!!

Fletcher @ High Cotton Style said...

I love it! Congrats!

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

It is absolutely gorgeous!! Pretty much exactly what I'm looking for here in Detroit, but they don't seem to exist lately. I might have a little jealous ;) Congrats on selling your condo & movin on up!

Vicki said...

Oh my gosh it's gorgeous!! Congratulations to you both!!

Kristine said...

Such a gorg house! Congrats!

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh Holly, I love it! Congrats!

Jessica @ Anchored in CLE said...

Holy crap, that house is fantastic, gorgeous, unbelievable! Lucky!

Shannon Dew said...

Hot damn! I love it! Seriously it's move-in ready! Perfect!!!!

Sheryl {BellybuttonsandBows} said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Makes me want to paint my entire house!! I'm curious as to what this house didn't have, it seems so perfect. :) congrats to you both!

Melanie said...

LOVE this house! The arches add so much character. The movie room? Hella awesome!

Erin said...

Girlfriend your house is absolutely gorgeous--you are going to love it! I am so excited for you two, congratulations!!

Gwen said...

Beautiful! I'm so excited for you!

Ashley Tyler said...

That house is gorgeous!!! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you both.

Vanessa said...

The house looks fantastic! Congratulations :)

Tyana said...

Yeah really its pretty awesome, i love it..what a beautiful house.

Janna Renee said...

OMG!! It's amazing!! Like, can I move in?

Calvin said...

Congrats on owning this house which is such an eye candy! Have you moved in yet? I’m excited to see you settled here! Any renovation plan on the line? Oh well, that seems unnecessary as this looks perfect already. Calvin @ CityBlockTeam.com

Kaity said...

Your house is beautiful!!! I love that little nook in the bedroom :) Congratulations- such a big step!

Erin said...

I'm freaking uhbbbbsessed with this. It's so perfect. I'm jealous of you so hard right now.

Casandra Roberts said...

Congratulations! At last, after your long and thorough search on the net and different property listings, you finally ended up with the house you love. It may have been an exhausting experience, but owning this house as a result makes it all worth the effort. How’s the house so far?

Casandra Roberts @ Gateway Select Properties

Lois Becker said...

Great house, Holly! I can only imagine the list of fabulous houses that you found online. Anyway, what’s important is that you already have a new place to call your home. I guess you have renovation plans already. I just hope you won’t forget to check the warranty, so that you won’t experience so much inconvenience once you move in. Congratulations on your new house! :)

Lois Becker @ Finlay Brewer

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...