Wednesday, January 1, 2014

keep and toss piles

 photo 2014_zps52b8f1b2.jpg

I hope you all kicked off 2014 just the way you wanted. Shawn and I spent NYE with our dear friends and their baby. And some exploding champagne that had spent a little too long in the freezer chilling. But we discovered that champagne slushies are fantastic. Until you sit down and realize the champagne slushy explosion reached your chair. Nothing like a damp bum and some belly laughs to ring in the new year.

This morning, I woke up and had zero plans for this first day of the year, and that was a glorious feeling. I did muster up some motivation to go workout and shower. But I immediately put on comfy clothes, that double as PJs, and I don't plan to leave our oversized chair the rest of the day. I'm liking 2014 already.

I always find the first day of a new year refreshing. It always has me re-evaluating my goals, my dreams, my habits, my life, and if I'm being honest, my body. And this year - as Shawn and I are  packing up our condo, sorting all the items that have filled up our house over the past seven years into keep and toss piles, in preparation for our move in 15 days - the start of 2014 has me considering what things I want to keep in my life and the things I want to toss.

A couple days ago, I wrote about how I want to simply enjoy my life and the things and people that are in it. Along with that, I want to do the things and spend time with the people that make me happy.

This mindset - of doing and enjoying and being happy - is already helping me to start filling the keep and toss piles in my life. I want to hold on to the positive and get rid of the negative. I know that some negative will remain in order to teach me important lessons as I continue to grow as a person, but I believe that enjoying my life starts with worrying less about what I can't control. It's about letting go and enjoying the ride.

That's easier said than done for a Type-A person like me. It may take me all year {or years} to sort out my keep and toss piles, but I'm a fan of even numbers and I have a good feeling about 2014.

Cheers, my friends! May your 2014 be happy, bright, and full of love, laughter, dreams and a little spring cleaning.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2014!

smk053078 said...

I am so using this "keep and toss" analogy!! I have a few things I need to toss for sure!! That's what starting a new year is all about...starting fresh and reevaluating our life and what we want from it!!

Lisa { Showered With Design } said...

Happy New yEAr! Cheers to a healthy year! xox
xo Would love for you to join in for the Inspire Me 2014 Blog Challenge!
Showered With Design

Dana said...

I really love this - new year, new you. I've learned to only surround myself with people that want to be around me. Get rid of the haters and the junk in your life. It's such a good lesson. Love your blog!

xx,Dana

www.thecasualclassic.com

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...