Monday, January 6, 2014

love at first sight?

 photo Burgundy1_zps1635835f.jpg

Monday, you sneaky bish. And a cold one at that. Today, marks the end of my two-week staycation. Bummer. It's the perfect day to not get out of bed at all.  I spoke too soon. I got a 5:15 a.m. wake up call saying the university I work for is closed today, due to inclement weather. I don't know if you've heard, but it's FRIGID here in the Midwest. Makes me wish I didn't throw out all those fuzzy earmuffs I wore back in the day 90's. Lesson learned. Another lesson learned, don't pack all your blankets when you move. I'm currently snuggled on the couch under a sheet.

This weekend, Shawn and I finished packing up most of our condo, and he and my father-in-law took it all to our storage unit. Getting the keys to the storage unit really made this whole moving thing feel real. It's crazy to think that this is the last week I'll live here. Surreal even.

What's crazier is that we went house shopping this weekend. We walked through three homes and we loved one of them. The first one to be exact. Which makes us both really excited and nervous. We've heard people say you shouldn't settle for the first home you see, but others will tell you that when you know, you know. As cliché as that sounds. But it was freaking awesome!

We have been scouring realtor.com, which is probably the most up-to-date house hunting site we've searched, for homes that fit our criteria and budget. Shawn first showed me this house on realtor.com on Christmas day, and when it popped up on the list from our realtor, we jumped at the chance to go see it. We knew we liked it based on the photos online, so we really weren't surprised that we loved it in person. It makes me nervous to think that it was love at first sight, that I'm not even going to show you a picture of it. I don't want to jinx it. 

We close on our condo on Friday. We officially say goodbye and move out of our condo of nearly seven years on Saturday, and move in with my in-laws until our house hunt is over. We have scheduled a second walk-through of the house we really like on Wednesday. Plus, we are still going to walk through a couple other homes on our list, since we just started our house hunt. It's all very exciting and nerve wrecking. But being on this side of the process - buying rather than selling - is a lot more fun.

8 comments:

callie ;) said...

where is the one you loved??

Margaret said...

So exciting!! We're meeting with a realtor on Thursday to start our house hunting process...and I'm kind of pumped/totally terrified!

Sheryl {BellybuttonsandBows} said...

If you love it, jump on it. Our first time house hunting, we looked at 15 houses before we found one. This time, we loved the first one, waited, and then it was gone. Thankfully we ended up finding another only because the sellers drastically dropped the price which put it into our range!! I say go for it and don't doubt yourself!!

smk053078 said...

Stay warm! I would die in this kind of cold...barley handling the 30 degree weather around here!! Cannot wait to follow you on your house hunt!! Keep us posted!!!

Kristine said...

I feel you guys should go on house hunters for your house search :) can you tell I've been watching way too much HGTV? Haha.

Gwen said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you've found a house!

Brian Q said...

House-hunting can really be exhausting. However, when you find the house for you, it’s really rewarding. You'll have more stability and independence than when you’re living in a condo. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you find the right house for you, if you haven’t found it yet.

Brian Quarnstrom

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...