Wednesday, January 29, 2014

the toughest decision i make at least once a year {& i need your help!}

 photo sweats1_zps21f304b2.jpg

I don't know about you, but cutting my hair is a HUGE deal for me. It's probably why I only make the decision to cut it - even a trim - only once, maaaaybe twice, a year at the most. Even if I just trim off the dead ends {which I let go until their most disgusting state}, I miss them. I notice those two or three inches are gone and I can't wait for them to grow back.

But then I remind myself that it's just hair. And though mine grows verrrrry slowly, it does grow back...eventually...and I officially survive another haircut. Please tell me someone else struggles with haircuts. Anyone?

Anyway, it's that time of the year. I have been considering changing my locks for months. The only other thing I think this hard about is my next tattoo. The photo above is my hair now. Talk about a blank canvas. A very boring, blank canvas. It's definitely time for a change, plus my dead ends are nerrrsty. Almost shameful.

Here's where I need your help. Well, at least your opinion, as I try to decide on my next haircut. Let's review my options {disregard color - this mop is brunette through and through}, shall we?


Option #1: Add bangs and cut a few inches.


Option #2: Trim the dead ends and add a heavy side bang.


Option #3: Cut a few inches with the back being shorter than the front.


Option #4: Keep my current 'do minus a few inches.


Option #5: Chop it. I've loved this haircut since I first saw it last year or so, but haven't had the guts to go for it. The last time I cut my hair short, I looked like a 12-year-old boy. I hated it. So I fear a repeat of that hot mess.

So what do you think? Which one do you like? Leave a comment and let me know. I'm itching to make an appointment with my stylist soon!






12 comments:

Audra said...

I LOVE options 2 and 3! I think the longer in the front look is different, but not so off the wall and strange that you'd regret. So if you're feeling bold, go with that option!

Because of Jackie said...

Oooh, I love option one and four, though the end one is dramatic and fun! I would chop it and add bangs…sometimes it's fun to just go for it;)

emily said...

i have some of these same images pinned and i never have the nerve to do anything either.

when i had a side bang i hated it, but now that i don't have it i want it. i just waited so long to grow it out that i don't want to cut it off again!

#thestruggles

Whitney Ellen said...

2 and 3 are definitely my favorites! I can see you being all spunky with the heavy bang.

callie ;) said...

CHOP IT!!!!!! you know i love your hair short, and i think you'd go nutso after a week with any type of bangs.

Shannon Dew said...

#4 is what I'm LOVING right now! I even pinned it for my own hair! DO IT!

Melanie said...

I am loving #1, it's definitely my favorite, but #5 iS A CLOSE SECOND!

What I'm noticing about all of them is the texture- kinda messy with a slight wave. That would look awesome!

Miss Chelsea said...

I vote chop it... EVERYONEEEE is doing that long bob messy curl thing lately

Charise said...

Newer reader de-lurking to say I think you'd look great with a long side bang! :) And if you don't like it, they are much easier to grow out than a heavier, shorter bang like the first option.

I used to have something similar to #5 (Even shorter/choppier for a couple years, actually). It is a really fun cut and easy to make look good, but the problem was I HAD to style it every day and wash it most days because sleeping on it made it crazy. With my longer hair, it's easier to wake up and leave without having to doing anything to have it look good. Something to keep in mind. :)

Amber Blair said...

Agreed!! I mean, you had to know I would say go for chop ;) as long as you trust your stylist, I say do it!!

Katie said...

2 or 3 would look fabulous on you girlfriend! DO it do it! :)

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...