Thursday, February 13, 2014

finding motivation

 photo 24229_535612147335_1463297_n_zps1f0ee92f.jpg

I read somewhere recently that you should workout because you love your body. Not because you hate it. Well, I love my body when it looks like that picture up there, so that's why I workout. And you would think that would be enough motivation for me to get my ass to the gym on the daily. Wrong.

Every day is a constant battle with myself to workout. Don't get me wrong, I love a good sweat sesh, but having the motivation to take that first step on the elliptical is my biggest hurdle. I can talk myself out of a workout faster than Justin Bieber in a rented Lamborghini in Miami. Too bad excuses and poor decisions don't burn calories.

If I succeed in talking myself out of a workout, all I'm usually left with is guilt and self-loathing. If I tell myself to shove it and hop on the elliptical anyway, I feel like a badass. A sweaty badass. So why again do I not want to feel like a winner every day? Because working out is tough. Or rather I should say a good workout is tough. And if I'm going to workout, I want to sweat. I want to push myself. I want to feel it the next day.

I have a Pinterest board dedicated to motivation. {follow me @hritter18} From the things that I've pinned, I've come across a few quotes that have become my mantras to get through a tough workout.

"Be stronger than your excuses." {my favorite}
"You're legs aren't giving out, you're head is giving up. Keep going."
"A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
"Put on your exercise clothes and then decide if you're going to workout or not. Don't make a decision until you're dressed." {too bad just wearing the outfit doesn't melt away the pounds}

What motivates you to workout? How do you stay motivated?

One of the best workout motivators, Jillian Michaels is bringing her motivational live tour "Maximize Your Life" to my neck of the woods. She certainly has a knack for telling it like it is and motivating people to get their asses in gear. I've done her Shred DVD workouts and she means business.

 photo WebBanner336x280COLUMBUS_zps341337e4.jpg

Her show is designed to provide you with the tools and motivation to harness your potential, kick-start your goals and live the life you've always wanted. Tickets start at $25 and are available through Ticketmaster. When you buy tickets to the Columbus, Ohio show, use code JMLIVE at check out to save $5 on select tickets to see Jillian on March 20 at the Palace Theatre.

8 comments:

Audra said...

Ok, this might be a statement I regret, but when I was running last night, I was thinking I actually really miss half marathon training. If I promise not to get pregnant, can we start up again? Maybe even in time for the one in May?

emily said...

i'm running the cap city in may, so that $90 entry fee has been my motivation to get to the gym every day this week. i event went this morning before work and knocked out almost 3 miles. but most days i can talk myself out of it pretty quickly.

LindiNicole said...

I can totally relate to your post. Sometimes I just REALLY don't want to go but when I go and I am finished with my work out I am so happy that I got off my butt to do it. Somehow it's been getting easier and easier for me to go maybe because I am finally seeing some results! :) Keep up the good work!

Lindi
Sweet Southern Sparkle
www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

Because of Jackie said...

I am the same way, I just try and remember how bad I feel when I skip a workout, it never makes me feel relieved or like I've gained time. I always feel awesome after a workout and happy I did it, and so far that keeps me (mostly!) consistent;)

Shannon Dew said...

Maybe our next get-together should be a good group fitness?! eh? eh?

Amy @ No Longer A Dreamer said...

Ahhh!! I feel the same exact way when I don't get my work out on. I seriously have a "hate myself" day afterwards. Why do we do this??

On the other hand, the whole putting on my work out clothes trick totally works for me about 99% of the time when I'm just not feeling it.

What keeps me motivated? Geez. Some days I'm not too sure. It's probably a mix of my love for 1200 calorie meals from Chipotle and my really hot boyfriend. Also fitness profiles on Instagram. By the time I get done looking at some hot chicks with hot abs I'm all about going and trying to get me some hot abs too =)

Janna Renee said...

I'm lacking motivation for the gym lately due to the move, but I'm pressing on!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...