Tuesday, February 25, 2014

i statements

 photo 285091_583440159615_4227084_n_zpsdbeb4dea.jpg
{because I'm over winter, this picture seems appropriate today}

Quick, funny story: Last night, after Almost Human was over {ever watched it? It's pretty good.}, I flipped over to ABC to watch the last hour of The Bachelor. Before Shawn headed into the other room to watch basketball, he endured a few minutes of the hometown dates. To which he said, "If our daughter ever went on The Bachelor and brought the guy home, I'd show up to dinner naked in silent protest. I'd be all 'Juan Pablo meet Juan Penis.'" Imagine that last part being said in Juan Pablo's accent. I lost it. The end.

While searching for blog post inspiration, I ran across a list of writing prompts I pinned {follow me @hritter18}. It was a list of "I" statements that I think were probably intended to be individual posts, but I decided to answer them all in one post.

I was...going to get a hair cut a couple weeks ago, but have yet to make the time. Seriously, it needs to happen so I quit picking at my split ends. Anyone else enjoy picking split ends? Maybe that's why I haven't made the appointment. I don't want the split-end-picking fun to end. But it's getting neerrrsty. And I cannot keep up. I will call this week. Pinky promise.

I am...going to run a half marathon in May. The Cap City Half Marathon in Columbus, Ohio on May 3. It will be my third one and I really want to run it. I started training for it last year and didn't end up running it because I fell way behind in my training. But I'm hoping to stay motivated this spring and finish this bad boy...again. I love the way I feel when it's over and all the training helps get me back into great shape. Win-win!

I think...Vick's Sinex is the best thing since sliced bread. It saves me from being a mouth breather when I'm stuffed up, which is now. I hate sounding nasal-y too and one or two sprays in each nostril keeps me breathing and talking normally for 12 hours. I wasn't a huge fan of nose spray, but Shawn has turned me on to it, and now I never battle a cold without it. It's legit.

I wonder...what happened to the Girl Scout cookies I ordered? I could really go for a Thin Mint.

I wish...I was a little bit taller. Even 5'6" or 5'7" just so I didn't have to buy two different lengths of dress pants and jeans. One length to wear with heels, and another length to wear with flats.

I save...$300 a month in a separate account in a totally different bank. I'm a spender by nature, but it has occurred to me {read: repeated by my accountant father so many times I couldn't ignore him any longer} that we need to save money. And the best way for me to do that was to have it automatically taken out of my paycheck each month and stored in a separate bank account, in a different bank than I use for my every day banking. This way I have limited access to it, so that the bennies {Benjamin's} pile up. Which have come in handy throughout this whole home selling and buying processes.

I always...am amazed at how people can use a public restroom and walk right out the door without even batting an eyelash in the direction of the sink. I feel like these people should come with a CDC warning label because they have got to be hot bed of germs.

I can't imagine...sharing my life with anyone else but Shawn. It's super cheesy, but it's true. He makes me laugh every.single.day {see the story at the beginning of this post}. He also makes me feel safe and secure. He is my voice of reason when I have abandoned all logic. And he can also annoy the piss out of me. Of course, we bicker and occasionally fight, but we are constantly working on our communication and we always make up. Our life isn't perfect, but it's ours and we like it.

I believe...Ramen Noodles are an acceptable adult lunch.

I promise...to keep my promises. Especially the pinky kind.

I love...pinning home decor ideas for the new house. It's how I unwind from the day right before bed. I don't care if they say being on your phone right before bed can cause difficulty falling asleep. Must.pin.all.the.pretty.things!

Don't forget to enter The Scarpetta's contest to win free shoes for a year. Click the image below for more details.

 photo TheScarpettaPinterestContestDirections_zpsf47af9f9.jpg
Disclaimer: I received a free pair of shoes from The Scarpetta for helping to promote this contest. I was also permitted, and encouraged, to enter the contest. See my Everyday is a Fashion Show pin board.

23 comments:

Kelli Snedegar said...

I love this idea for a post! I'll definitely have to keep it in mind in the future. I should also really work on that saving money thing - a separate bank account is a great idea!

MIssissippi Mrs. said...

Honey! I work in a bank and I have an account at another bank so it's "gone" to me :)

Chasing Elephants said...

Great post idea! And I need to get on that bandwagon of having money come out into a separate account so I can keep my lil spending hands off of it!

Cheri @ Overactive Blogger said...

I totally love this idea for a post, and if you don't mind me being a copy cat, I will totally be lifting this from you for a post later on this week!

I think it's awesome that you save that $300 a month. I think I will start a little smaller, but I will be saving about $100 a month, and I will get back to you in a few months to let you know how it's going!

Shannon Q. said...

:) I too believe that ramen noodles are perfectly acceptable! That comment your hunny made about the bachelor cracked me up!

Jessica @ Wonder Whats Next said...

I read "I wish... I was a little bit taller." and followed it up with "I wish I was a baller." in my head. :)

Kiki said...

I agree, people who don't wash their hands should come with a germ warning!

Princess Pegram said...

Awesome post! That opening story was priceless...and hilarious. Keep saving that money and eating ramen noodles for lunch...the bennies will surely add up.

I'm short too, so I know your struggle.

Night Owl said...

Love this. Hilarious bout the Juan penis

My-cliffnotes said...

I have another bank too!! It makes saving way easier!

Jamie Vespa said...

Hahaha... Juan Penis, that's hilarious. And I go pinterest crazy before bed. It's so relaxing!

Kristine said...

Oh my gosh, I have had a post just like this sitting in my drafts for some time now! You getting yours done may have just inspired me to finish mine :)

Kayla MKOY said...

Bahahah -- that statement about showing up to dinner naked absolutely had me rolling. Oh goodness. I, too, LOVE picking at split ends -- but hate having them. It's a weird love/hate thing.

Happy Tuesday!

Kayla MKOY said...

BTW - I also have a half marathon that weekend in May! Mine is in Cincy, though. Good luck at yours ;)

Amanda @ Marry Mint said...

I do the same thing to save money, except I keep that debit card in my wallet too. FAIL! I need to get better at hiding money from myself...

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Ramen noodles are definitely acceptable.

Janelle {Undomestic Bliss} said...

I'm doing Cap City too! My training has not been very awesome so far though. I blame the weather.

I have to agree with you on the Ramen noodles :)

Ace Herrera said...

I love your ideas for posts! I participated in the "I'm the kinda girl..." link up and LOVE this idea, too! You've got a new regular reader, girl!

Ace
www.eatpraywod.blogspot.com

NapaKat said...

Oh my goodness I need to do that for saving. I'm always transferring into my savings, and before I know it, transferring back to checking to spend it. I actually may go see payroll today.

Mary said...

hahaha Shawn is hilarious!!!!
Oh and I pick my split ends, too!

Kimberly said...

Love that picture! Definitely an attention grabber in February! Glad to meet someone who has to trick themselves into saving money, I thought I was the only one! :)

http://tngirlinthebigworld.blogspot.com

Lisa @ Two Martinis said...

I hope ramen noodles are also an acceptable adult DINNER, as I'm eating them right now...

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...