Tuesday, February 18, 2014

in 30 days

 photo ohio2_zpsc273e0fc.jpg
{t-shirt: Homage; jeans: Old Navy}
In 30 days, I will turn 30.

Oh, you thought I was 24? Bless your heart.

I've never been one of those people who gets bent out of shape about getting older. To me, age is simply a number and you're only as old as you feel. I feel 19. The way I see it, I'm still here to celebrate my birthday and that's pretty awesome because I enjoy living.

Still, in 30 days, my 20's will be over and I feel like that should be noted. I feel like in these last 30 days of my 20's I should do some crazy things before society considers me "old enough to know better." You know like drive with my gas light on, sleep on the bathroom floor after having too many adult beverages, enter {and win} a booty shaking contest at a local bar, write a post about farting - you know, the things that people in their 20's do because they are young and dumb.

But instead, I'll probably just do what I do - hang out in sweats, drink a little wine, fret about what to do to celebrate this milestone of a birthday, contemplate another tattoo, and come up with an epic response to the inevitable "so how does it feel to be 30?" question. Oh yeah, and move into our house.

In 30 days, I will have graced this planet with some amazing dance moves for 30 years. I can only hope that they are like a fine wine and only get better with age. And if they don't, let's hope there is a lot of wine around to blame them on. I will never be too old for wine and dancing. Amen!

There really was no point to this post. I just felt it should be noted that I am entering the last month of my 20's. I see 30 as the start of the next chapter of my life. It's exciting. Minus the gray hair.

Are you an "ugh, I'm so old" kind of person about your birthday? Are you a big bash kind of person? What's the best birthday celebration you've ever had? 

Don't forget to link up your "I'm the kinda girl who..." posts with me tomorrow! The button is below and here is some inspiration if you need it. Can't wait to read what kinda girl you are!


11 comments:

Chelsea Oliver said...

Such a great mentality to have! xoxo

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

I will say that turning 30 really has been so good... aside from the slightly obnoxious, but also endearing fact that no one believes me when I tell them I'm 30... it's been a good year. And it sounds like yours will be too - moving into your new home will be SO EXCITING!

You should definitely celebrate the next 30 days. It's your birthday month!!! Maybe two glasses of wine instead of one... or hell, the whole damn bottle! ;)

Sidney said...

Gah! I just turned 25 this month and you're totally taking the big 3-0 super well ;) You've definitely got a great outlook and I've got to say - hanging out in sweats, drinking a little (a lot) of wine, and contemplating your next snack (that's what I do anyway lol) is something you should do for the rest of your life. It's fuckin' comfy and easy and whythehellnot.

Kristen said...

I'm turning 30 soon, too, and I wish I could have your mentality. For some reason, this number is really affecting me. Bad. Anyways, I think I just both those red jeans at Old Navy. Love them! And clearance, too.

MIssissippi Mrs. said...

I turn 30 soon, as well! So excited to have found your blog!

Janna Renee said...

I feel like those of us that don't look our age are never bothered by it. I totally embrace my age, and I'm not far behind you!

WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

I'm in the "age is just a number, what's the big deal?!" camp and am truly puzzled by my friends who seem to go into a big depression about each new age - 20, 25, 30, etc. It makes no sense to me! 31 has been no different than 28 except for the ways _I_ chose to make it different, ya know!?

Princess @ Living Life Aloha said...

I couldn't agree more with not fretting over your age...can't change it. I'm going to be 31 this June & life goes on. Fortunately for me, people still think I'm barely 20 {good genes, thanks mom} so I spend a lot of time getting the "you don't look 30" comments. I'm not exactly sure what "looking 30" is, but from the way they say...I hope I NEVER look 30.

Charise said...

I wrote a similar post when I turned 30 last year. I'm all, meh, it's just a number, and every year keeps getting better than the last anyway. No reason to freak out! Happy almost-birthday!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...