Monday, February 24, 2014

this is my happy dance

 photo 0db3ee42-8734-4082-a65c-da11fb0bbf60_zpsd34f7201.jpg

That's my happy dance. Finger guns blazing, awkward duck face that looks more like a cat face {I make a lot of weird faces when I dance, remember?}, and a gangsta shoulder lean. I gotta tell ya, there are few things in this world that make me happier than busting a move. Don't you agree? Oh, yes. Happy, happy dance. Why?

1. I am completely overwhelmed by the turn out of my "I'm the Kinda Girl Who..." link up last week {in case you're late to the party, the link up is open until Wednesday of this week}. I  love reading your entries and learning more about everyone. You guys totally rock my size 6.5 {sometimes 7} socks. Thank you so so much for playing along! Maybe I shouldn't wait a whole year before doing this link up again, eh?

2. I have returned to the land of the living. Last Wednesday, I left work at noon and didn't go back the rest of the week because I felt like death. Pretty sure that bastard flu bug found me. Screw that guy. I couldn't even enjoy the nice weather we had in Ohio because I was preoccupied with chills, paralyzing body aches and a fever of 102. I still have some congestion but hell, I'll take that any day over the rest of the crud I had. I'm being a bit dramatic but I really hate and suck at being sick.

But you know me. I have to find the bright side and it came in the form of dropping a few lbs. Six to be exact. Happy, happy dance, indeed. Yes, I'm aware that as soon as I get my full appetite back those six pounds will likely return, but I'm going to enjoy the lower number on the ol' scale for a few days. Yessiree.

3. I bought comforters for our new house this weekend. I L-O-V-E buying comforters. Anyone else? I'm not sure Shawn is on board with my vision for our bedroom in the new house, but he rarely agrees with my home d├ęcor visions before they come to fruition so I'm not that concerned. Is it just him, or do a lot of guys have a really hard time picturing a space decorated before you've actually decorated it? Shawn is the epitome of seeing is believing. And right now he doesn't believe that my buying a navy blue comforter was a good idea. Challenge accepted, babe.

25 days until move in, friends! Happy dance, indeed.

13 comments:

Beth said...

My husband is the same way! He always looks at me like I am crazy at the time, but usually loved it once everything is in place. Must be a guy thing :)

Kiki said...

Ugh I got hit with the nasty flu bug last week and was down as well! Glad to hear your feeling better, happy dance indeed to celebrate the flu being gone!

Heather (My Little HEA) said...

So glad my three colds I've been blessed with this season were not the flu! Sorry to hear you were sick, but glad you're back with the living!! Also, your dance move looks like the PERFECT happy dance!

Whitney Ellen said...

So happy for you, my love. Your link up was a fabulous idea and I think you should definitely do it again... or another one, since you have all of the smarts! ;)

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Ugh boo the flu. But loving your duck face when dancing...I am victim of the same dance face. Don't hate it ;)! Xx.

Steph G said...

I loved the link up. I love a good simple link up. Congrats on the huge turn out - I think every one of my favorite bloggers jumped on board.

Jamie Vespa said...

Ugh, the stupid flu caught up with me last week too. Now it's turned into a more tolerable lingering cold, which is a whole lot better. Also, I have the same issue with my fiance when it comes to decorating. He looks at me like I'm suggesting painting everything pink when I suggest something and then when it's finished, he's like "oh yeah, that does look good". So I just do whatever speaks to me ;)

Because of Jackie said...

I loveeeee buying new comforters and sheets, it's sort of an addiction;) Congrats on the amazing link up!

Night Owl said...

i really enjoyed this link up and enjoyed reading others and learning about others. it was awesome. can't wait for more.

Janelle {Undomestic Bliss} said...

Glad you're feeling better! And glad the link up is still open since I was a slacker last week :)

Mary said...

That picture makes me smile! Glad you're feeling better!

Caroline said...

Yuck, being sick is the worst! Glad you're feeing better!

Charise said...

I've been buying a few things to stage our house for selling. I l.o.v.e. an excuse to buy pretty things, even though I have to be cognizant of thinking about whether it's something also likely to work in the next place.

My husband has learned he almost always likes how my home decor ideas turns out even though he can't ever picture it ahead of time. So I preeeeettttty much get free rein, and it is awesome. :)

Glad you are feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...