Monday, February 17, 2014

when you find a good deal...

 photo 804f80ac7c8c_zpsbd9f0abd.jpg
You write a blog post about lamps.

You guys. I'm still buzzing from the amazing deal we got on a pair of these lamps! Who gets this excited about lamps? This girl. I love lamp. I love bargain shopping. And these two worlds collided in home décor harmony yesterday. More than once I exclaimed to Shawn, "I'm so pumped about these lamps!"

Admittedly, I'm more excited about the near $200 we saved on the pair of lamps we bought. And everyone can get excited about saving money, right?! Shake your head yes. Shawn and I first saw these lamps at Ashley Furniture when we were shopping for living room furniture for our new pad a couple weeks ago. They were sitting with the living room set we recently purchased, but with a price tag of $140 each, we passed on that grass. We ended up at Kroger Marketplace that same day and saw the same lamps for $70 each. Half off is a hell of deal, no? Yes, it is. But we passed on the lamps again.

Yesterday, we again found ourselves at Kroger Marketplace immediately after we dropped some more dough at Ashley Furniture on a few bedroom pieces {seriously, they have some great furniture there!}. And my bargain-loving heart nearly jumped out of my chest and hugged this lamp when we saw it was on sale for $42! Oh, do good things come to those who wait {and those who appreciate a great deal}, or what? I'm still giddy about this deal. 

But enough about lamps. How was your weekend? Find any good deals you couldn't pass up?

Here are a few more highlights from my weekend {a couple appeared on Instagram. Follow me: @hritter18}:

 photo Wknd1_zps05f40bad.jpg

1. Valentine's Day gift from Shawn. | 2. One of my senior cheerleaders at Senior Night. | 3. My sweet niece, Ava, prepping for her Valentine's Day photo shoot.

 photo Wknd2_zpse705f359.jpg

4. Senior Night with my cheerleaders. | 5. Today begins training for my third half marathon. I'm following Hal Higdon's Novice 1 Half Marathon Training program. | 6. Sunday Funday.

Just a reminder: I'm hosting the "I'm the Kinda Girl Who..." link up on Wednesday, Feb. 19. Check out my I'm the kinda girl who post for inspiration.

 photo imthekindagirlwhobutton_zps43faa42d.jpg


9 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

What is this Kroger Marketplace you speak of!? We have krogers here, but they are just grocery stores... haha

Celia Houck said...

Haha Chelsea that was going to be my question as well! Love that lamp, btw.

Whitney Ellen said...

I LOVE a good bargain. Always, all day, erryday.

Because of Jackie said...

Good lamps are hard to find, right? I hate when you love something and it is crazy expensive…good for you for holding out!

rachelemilyblog.com said...

I can't believe I haven't blogged about a bargin I've gotten yet. Those are my favorite things on earth to share! Congratulations :)

Chelsea said...

I can't believe it has been a YEAR since you're "I'm the Kinda Girl" post! Get out of town. Regardless, I am so taking part... again! :)

Nikki P said...

That lamp is awesome, plus it never hurts getting a great deal!!

Because Shanna Said So said...

I would have hugged that lamp too!!! Way to be patient! We love Ashley Furniture too...our living room is from there, but do tell what Kroger Marketplace is???? Never heard of it.

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...