Wednesday, February 26, 2014

you are never too old for a photo shoot with your best friends

 photo 1551581_204696073061822_1498402355_n_zps285c9984.jpg

 photo ry3D4802_zps3594e52e.jpg

 photo ry3D4804_zps55d51dfa.jpg

 photo ry3D4806_zpsaa39a494.jpg

 photo ry3D4803_zpsc0547b52.jpg

 photo ry3D4808_zps78b58f2e.jpg

 photo ry3D4807_zpsce5047ee.jpg

You are never too old for a photo shoot with your best friends. Period.

I think many women would agree that it can be a challenge to find truly genuine ladyfriends. I think many women would agree that it's rare for a large group of women to consider themselves best friends. But I have hit the ladyfriend jackpot. These pictures are proof that it's possible to find amazing women to call friends and a large group at that. All those women you see in those pictures up there are genuinely my friends. Yes, there are cliques within our group, I won't deny that. But it's not a jealousy thing with us when smaller groups of us get together without the rest. Do you know how difficult it is to coordinate 11 schedules? But when we're all together, it's amazing. We have so much fun. We never stop laughing, even if we're crying. And I can honestly say that I can sit and have a real conversation with each one of them. And that is something to write home about.

The majority of us {all but three} met in college - hence the location of the photo shoot. These women have been by my side through many life transitions, ups and downs. Sure we might not all see each other for a while, but when it matters, these are the women I turn to and then some. I'm lucky enough to have many other friends outside of this group - other women from college and even bloggers in my area that have become real life friends. Seriously, I am so lucky to have the support of so many wonderful women in my life. I truly hope you all can say the same.

Friendship is a concept you learn early in life, but I don't think you truly appreciate it's value until you're older. The definition of a friend changes as you move through different developmental and life stages. Who your friends are change. Who you are as a friend changes. And maintaining truly genuine friendships take commitment and respect. That's why the friendships I have with these women work. We make time to see one another, we respect one another, we laugh at and with one another, we cry with one another, and we genuinely care for and love one another.

Yes, finding good ladyfriends can be a challenge. But when you do, be the best friend you can be and never let these women go. Because we all need girlfriends with whom to have photo shoots.

10 comments:

Night Owl said...

I love this. I have to agree it's hard to find girl friends who are true friends and there for you. most chicks just want drama and cause problems. which is why I dont have many. I do love the pics esp the ones of ya'll laughing.

Dayna Capone said...

Great post! Good friends definitely are hard to find, especially the older you get. It is so nice to see you and all of your friends still so happy and true to each other. I have some of my best friends from high school. Without them, I don't know what I would do!

Katie said...

:) so true!! It is hard to find real, true girlfriends, but when you do you make every effort to hold on to them! These pictures are so fun.

Cheri said...

I love this, and was just thinking that I was going to have a reunion photographed in May, and now we DEFINITELY have to do it!

Kiki said...

You are very blessed to have such a wonderful group of girlfriends. I have a few girlfriends from childhood and I will forever value our friendship.

The Rachael Way said...

Absolutely LOVE THIS!!

Amy @ No Longer A Dreamer said...

A good ladyfriend is a real gem!

Shane Prather said...

Beautiful ladies! I hope I remain this close to my college gals!!

Mary said...

awww this is so awesome!!!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...