Wednesday, April 2, 2014

i've come to realize...

 photo 534945_3886814298739_1530365026_33161250_1639662236_n.jpg

I've come to realize...

...that happiness is a choice. No one is responsible for your happiness but you. And you should not rely on anyone else to make you happy.

...that not being in school is super cool. I am so so so happy to not be going to class anymore!

...that I prefer free weights to machines. I work for a university and our health and sport science students have to do personal training as part of their program. So, for eight weeks, I signed up to be a "client." My trainer is kicking my booty in the gym twice a week and it hurts so good!

...that house parties aren't what they used to be. Shawn and I went to a 30th birthday party this past weekend and there were nearly as many kiddos as adults. We were also only one of three couples without children.

...that the pressure to have children fades. Shawn and I will have children when we want to, not because all of our friends have children.

...that there are so many other things I'd rather spend money on than clothing. Since we had to save so much money for the new house these past few months, I've realized that I didn't really hate not having the extra cash to spend frivolously on new duds. Consider my mind blown. Maybe it helps that half my clothes were packed away for a few months and I forgot what I had, so opening those tubs of clothing was like going shopping in itself.

....that I don't have to be constantly busy to enjoy life. I was always the person with the jam-packed schedule. It was my M.O. for as long as I can remember. I do enjoy keeping busy, but lately, my schedule has opened up, and I am starting to really prefer looking at my planner and seeing nothing on my weekday evening and weekend agenda.

...that I really want another tattoo. I have three {one needs redone} and I've been contemplating my next one for more than a year. And ever since Whitney posted her new one a couple weeks ago, the itch has become unbearable. Time to make a date with my tattoo guy.

...that red wine > white wine. I think this change in my palete means that I'm growing up. It's all happening so fast.

What have you come to realize?

Don't forget to enter my Looluh Rue giveaway!
{winner announced Friday}

14 comments:

Desiree said...

Love this post! My favorite is that happiness is a choice! Its so true, and so powerful if you really believe it. =] Thanks for posting this!

Sweet Love and Ginger said...

My friends think I'm crazy for liking red wine as much as I do. And the clothing this, I totally know how you feel, I want a house so bad so everything I look at usually ends up back on the rack.

Erin LFF said...

Love this :) I feel you on the being one of the few couples without kids at social gatherings... but like you said, no pressure! We'll do what we want WHEN we want!

Katie conkell said...

You don't need to be busy. "Stop the glorification of busy!" is written at the top of my whiteboard at home. It's become a mantra of mine. We're all so concerned about getting things done, that we miss the good moments. Glad to hear your schedule is less hectic these days.

Neisha said...

I for one can do with a lighter schedule. ...but I understand the need to feel like you're actually doing something.....but boy do I miss those "do nothing" days. I'm actually thinking of getting a tattoo (my first)...ooooooo

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

I love this. The happiness is the one that really gets me every time. I think many people need to make this their mantra. We control our happiness and choose not to be happy, even if it is something small.

Blogger Ash said...

"....that I don't have to be constantly busy to enjoy life"
This is something I need to remind myself all the time! Thank you for writing about it!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Kayla MKOY said...

I love this post! Isn't it great when you find boxes of clothes?! Caleb and I moved in together last May/June and I'm JUST NOW finding a couple boxes full of winter clothes! It felt like hitting the jackpot! ;)

Jamie Vespa said...

This is just fantastic. Although I'm still a fan of white over red on the wine front.

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I'm with you on the not being in school...sometimes I'll get it in my head that I should go back, but then I remember how amazing it is to be able to go to bed whenever I want, stay out whenever I want, vacation whenever I want...adult life isn't so bad.

Lisa @ Two Martinis said...

I've come to realize that I have to be my own biggest advocate in life! (Yes, this sounds so obvious, but for some reason it took me a loooong time to realize it!)

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

I have 3 tattoos too. I'm already itching for the next 2 or 3 and have 1 that needs to be re-worked.

Whitney Alison said...

Since house parties have changed forever...let's go have a 'lets get tatted up!' party. Yes. We must.

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...