Wednesday, April 9, 2014

life lately {by the numbers}

 photo 310375_717379379317_50608313_35197074_781213626_n-1.jpg
{NYC circa 2011 or 2012 - I forget. This was my second trip to NYC, and my girlfriends and I took a 12-hour bus ride there and back in less than 36 hours. And showered in a random truck stop on the way there.}

Saw this little numbers ditty on Erin's and Lisa's blogs. Seemed fun and simple, and fun and simple is good since I'm currently doped up on three different meds {all prescribed} to clear up this cough and stuffiness. I'm usually not one to take sick days or run off to urgent care, but I'm not messing around with this crud, especially since the weather is starting to warm up. I plan to take full advantage of all the nice days ahead, and being sick will really cramp my spring-loving style. So yeah, I'm poppin' the pills this week to try and exile this mucus.

Anywhoodle, here's a look at my life lately by the number for all you number geeks, like me.

7462 // Number of times I've coughed in the last four days.

90 // Number of beers left over from our housewarming party.

1 // Number of books I'm currently reading {This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper}.

4 // Number of voicemails I'm ignoring on my phone.

12 // Number of times I've shopped at Target {online counts too} since moving into our house three weeks ago.

70 // Number of days until my California vacation with my besties. Anyone know who has the cheapest round-trip flights to Cali??

3 // Number of neighbors we've met so far.

0 // Number of minutes I watched of the NCAA Championship game on Monday. I'm more of a football girl, though I played basketball from age 5 or 6 to 18.

3 // Number of packages I'm waiting for in the mail. I love getting packages! And at the rate Shawn and I are ordering things right now, we're going to owe the UPS guy a very generous Christmas gift this year.

27 // Number of coupons I clipped today. A higher mortgage payment means we gotta be smarter shoppers. And I'm a fan of a good deal.

6 // Number of Criminal Minds episodes I watched yesterday while home sick. I didn't hate it.

2 // Number of bar crawls Shawn and I are signed up for in the month of May. We cannot pass up the chance to booze for a good cause. We're signed up for the Crawl for the Cause in Gahanna {May 3} and the Crawl for Cancer in Columbus {May 24}.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for an awesome giveaway I've teamed up with Beverly, and some other super cool bloggers, on!

15 comments:

Kiki said...

Love the number idea to recap! I wish there was a Target where I live, I would be there all the time.

Renee said...

Hope that first number doesn't get any more digits tacked on to it! Feel better soon, lady! Just think about that California vacation you having coming up! :)

BNM said...

Hope you feel better soon...
I love getting packages too its like christmas all year LOL

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

The best part of throwing a party is all the leftover booze you get to enjoy ;-)

And I hope you have a red card with all those trips to Target, saving 5% on everything + free shipping is the best!

Blogger Ash said...

Hope you are enjoying your new digs! I love getting packages in the mail too. I'm currently waiting for one from Target and one from Amazon! YAY! Love Criminal Minds... so good!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Blogger Ash said...

Hope you are enjoying your new digs! I love getting packages in the mail too. I'm currently waiting for one from Target and one from Amazon! YAY! Love Criminal Minds... so good!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Steph G said...

I love these kinds of posts. I'm a little jealous of your bar crawls. I should look around here and see what they have. I'm also jealous that you have that many beers in your fridge :) For cheap flights, I always use fly.com to search. Good luck!

Jamie Vespa said...

I love these number posts. And I also love watching Criminal Minds marathons. There's no such thing as too much Criminal Minds.

Laney NightOwl said...

Not big on numbers although this would be a good thing to do. I love these weekly post deals. Wish I could find one of each day of the week. Like hump day is confessions.

You look great in the pic.

alyssa said...

OOh how are you liking This is Where I Leave You?? I've been meaning to read it for the longest and I'm almost done with my current book and ready for another soon!

FeedYourSoul said...

i LOVED that book! ive read a few other by him since then, but i think that was my favorite! i hope you enjoy it! and i hope you feel better!

Kristyn @ Carolina Fireflies said...

I didn't read the whole line of the # of times you've shopped at target in the last three weeks. I stopped at "times I've shopped at target" and was quite confused for a while. I would live in a Target if I could!

Tenns Reid said...

Your picture totally makes me want to go to NYC more than I did. I've been jonesin to go for a few months and visit my brother who lives there.

I would totally ignore all of my voicemails too if only that little icon would disappear or I could really ignore it, but it always bothers me and then I have to check it!

I'm a total coupon clipper now too, I definitely don't mind a good deal!

Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

Lisa @ Two Martinis said...

12 Target shopping trips?! I am impressed, well done!

Kelly said...

I SO wish I had a Target close to me, that store is amazing!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...