Friday, May 9, 2014

five beauty products i use everyday

Five Favorite Finds: Beauty



I've never been big into beauty products. But clearly I use them every day so as not to scare small children when I'm in public. And because I like learning about what products people use in case I'm in the market for some new stuff, I figured I would share some of my favorite beauty finds.

1 // Proactiv+ I complained a couple weeks month and a half ago {wow! Time flies when you're battling zits} about my adult acne woes and how I thought that my skin had built a tolerance to the Proactiv+. So I ran out of it and bought some generic face wash to switch it up. The new face wash turned my face radioactive {no joke, I had neon stains on my pillow!} and so itchy that I looked like a coke addict, clawing at my face for a week, until I figured out the problem. So now I'm back to the trusty Proactiv+ {luckily for me, they didn't cancel the order like I had asked and it was delivered to my door unexpectedly}, and no more radioactive, itchy face.

2 // Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads These things are the bees knees. Takes off eye makeup easily without ripping out all of my eyelashes like some other eye makeup removers I've tried {i.e. the generic version of these puppies}.

3 // L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Lotion I use this every.single.day. I actually mix it with my regular body lotion, which helps to eliminate streaks or looking funky on my knees and elbows. It doesn't smell bad or make you look orange either. I also am a huge fan of the L'Oreal Sublime Tan Towels if you need more of an immediate glow.

4 // Revlon ColorStay Foundation I owe this find all to Whitney. When I was trying to figure out solutions to my acne issue, I thought maybe changing up my makeup would help. Whitney suggested Revlon and this was on sale at Target. It does seem to be helping a little. I love this foundation because it is very light, has good coverage and doesn't appear to be caked on my face. 

5 // New York Color Big Bold Curl Mascara I have discovered that this mascara is a great alternative to Covergirl's LashBlast. It has a good brush on the wand so that it's not clumpy and separates lashes well. And it removes easily at the end of the day. Maybe it's just me, but I think it makes my lashes look thicker and longer, which means it has magic eyelash powers.

Some other products I use every day include: Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette, generic Meijer brand daily facial moisturizer {compare to Neutrogena}, Revlon ColorStay powder, E.L.F. blush and eyeliner and Nivea Extended Moisture Body Lotion {only because it was on sale and I had a coupon - I'm not married to it, but it's pretty good lotion}. 


5 comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Love this post! I use the almay eye makeup remover pads too!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Cheri @ Overactive Blogger said...

So I'm trying to decide now if I try out Proactiv +. I used regular Proactiv when I was a teen-into college, and it worked miracles, and I'm hoping that P+ will do the same for me!

Janelle {Undomestic Bliss} said...

I've gotta try that L'Oreal lotion. I've used the wipes before and love them!

I don't know if this will help you at all but a couple years ago out of nowhere my skin started breaking out constantly. I started using Proactiv and switched to mineral foundation for everyday make up. I usually only wear liquid foundation for special events or something and not all day. It took a little while but that combo seems to work for me!

Rachel Emily said...

Tan towels are life changing! The best.

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...