Wednesday, May 7, 2014

i cried today

 photo photo26_zps3aab1174.jpg

#redballoonsforryan

I cried today for a family I do not know. For people I have never met. It is not the first time, and it most likely will not be the last. I cried because you do not need to know someone in order to feel their pain. And I cried because I most certainly felt a tiny sliver of the enormous pain they are feeling now.

The story of 3.5-year-old Ryan Cruz Saldana has gone viral thanks to Alissa, who has promised her best friend and Ryan's mommy, Jacqui, that she will not let Ryan be forgotten. On Friday, May 2, Ryan was chasing a frisbee when he was struck and killed by a truck.

What you can do to help:
  •  Share a photo from Jacqui's Instagram feed using #redballoonsforryan. Be sure to tag @babyboybakery and @danno12.
  • Donate. I donated on Thrive Moms blog.
  • Shop. Ruthie has a compiled a list of all the shops who are donating 100% of their proceeds to the Saldana family when you purchase clothes or other goods.
  • Pray. Send your love, prayers, good juju and support to the Saldana family during their time of unfathomable grief.
This blogging community is powerful. Let's use our resources for good and support this deserving, beautiful family.

11 comments:

~*Night Owl*~ said...

My heart just broke :( will pray for their family and friends

Renee said...

This is so, so, so sad! I can't even imagine what this family is going through.

Cheri @ Overactive Blogger said...

Jesus - a chill just ran down my spine!

Because of Jackie said...

This is so incredibly heartbreaking, so much so that I can barely look at the pictures because it just kills me. So, so hurt for this family and the loss of their little boy.

Rebecca Chapman said...

What a beautiful boy. My heart just hurts hearing this. But I went to Instagram and saw the thousands of posts of pictures people have left showing support. It was just so wonderful to see that much love in social media.

No(dot dot)el said...

This truly was such a tragedy. I'm so proud of the blogging community for rallying around this family.

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

This has absolutely broken my heart for them. I am sending so much love and thoughts their way in this hard time.

Jamie Vespa said...

When I saw this story last night, my heart broke for these complete strangers. I just can't imagine their pain :(

Krystal R. said...

Because I know what loss of a loved one feels like, I feel a pang of pain every time I see a new post of this sweet babe. Ill pray for his family.

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

So, so heartbreaking.

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...