Thursday, May 22, 2014

philanthropy at its finest

 photo 9eae3a2c-76d8-4beb-bbc9-4d2cfa4984b2_zps8005f520.jpg

This Saturday, I will be embarking on my fifth Crawl for Cancer. I've mentioned this event before as one of my absolute favorites each year. At this point, I like to think of myself as somewhat of a philanthropist. And this event is philanthropy at its finest - or at least its most fun.

If you've never participated in a Crawl for Cancer, which I highly recommend you do, you get a team of 10-12 people together, a map of five bars that your team is to patron and four pitchers of beer at each bar. And the whole point of the event is to booze for a cause. Best philanthropic venture EVER. Each year there are different charities, which raise money for cancer research, that benefit from the $45 per person entry fee.

In my five years of participating in this amazing event, I've learned a few things about making the most of your crawl:

 photo 250410_574079119215_3162937_n_zps18acc983.jpg

1 // Always feed the animals. And by animals, I mean you. Eat. Eat throughout the event. Day drinking isn't for the faint of heart. Trust me, you don't want to end up binge eating an entire pizza with your best friend and then vomiting said pizza in your own back yard. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

 photo DSC01472.jpg

2 // Strike a pose. The photo ops are endless. And they get better and better throughout the day. I'll let you guess when the above photo was snapped.

 photo crawl10_zps91d9ddd8.jpg

3 // Dance. The rhythm is gonna get you. It always does. They frown upon table dancing, but not table bench dancing. If you're into that sort of thing.

 photo DSC01466.jpg

4 // Challenge other teams to flip cup. If for no other reason than your team is almost out of beer. In my experience, other teams are very friendly and willing to share pitchers. Play nice, but play to win.

 photo crawl1_zps6e7a2586.jpg

5// Don't be this guy. Nobody likes a party pooper.

So who else is doing the Crawl for Cancer in Columbus this weekend? Hope to see you there! 

6 comments:

emily said...

Great reminder and heads up for what I'm in for this weekend. Also, if you're all are making your t's into those cute tanks, I want mine like that too!

Jenn @ WLB said...

hahha these pictures are hilarious! What a great idea to get more young people involved in benefit events!

Shannon Q. said...

Oh my gosh this looks classic and so fun!!

Rachel Emily said...

I'm pretty sure that I can measure the amount of time I have been reading blogs (because your blog was one of my first) by how many Cancer Crawls I've seen/heard/read? about you doing! I'm fairly certain this is the third! Wait, is this that nostalgia thing I was just reading about somewhere... :)

shannon said...

this is incredible.
i must find one in WI.

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...