Monday, June 2, 2014

currently, i'm...

 photo photo2_zps32a41bb1.jpg

// counting down the days to California with these two ladies {plus one more}. 16! We fly into LAX and are staying in Long Beach and have plans to travel around the area. Suggestions for places to see, eat, visit, shop, park my ass on the beach, etc. are welcome!

// debating whether or not to buy a return flight home from California. I have a feeling I'm going to want to stay. I should probably just have Shawn start packing while I'm gone.

// checking my email constantly to make sure I'm not getting any nasty ones from upset parents of girls who tried out for my cheer squad. The worst part of being a coach is having to disappoint the girls who don't make the squad. Which directly conflicts with the excitement of seeing which girls made my squad for the next year.

// doing T25 five to six days a week. I've been doing it for three weeks now, and I love it. I like not having to commit an hour or more to a workout, but still feeling accomplished {and a hot, sweaty mess} after 25 minutes.

 photo photo1_zpsaa9c8315.jpg

// still reading Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler. It's taking way too long to finish this book, which means I'm just not that into it. But I'm not a quitter, so I'm going to finish it anyway and hope that it picks up in the last half of the book.

// trying to drink a glass of wine a night. I have noticed that after one glass I sleep better and wake up feeling more rested. Plus, it's good for your health, right? And I'm all about health - if you don't count the fact that I ate Chipotle and Jimmy Johns in the same night - as in two dinners - on Friday.

// considering starting our own painting company. Kidding...sort of. Shawn and I {mostly Shawn} have officially painted our entire house - minus the basement and the master bathroom {which is coming soon}. We painted our master bedroom in less than three hours {including clean up} yesterday. With all this practice {plus all the painting we did in our old house}, we're practically professionals. We have even received raving reviews after helping some friends paint in their new house. I mean, I'd hire us. Would you?

 photo photo4_zps962818fb.jpg

// spending quality time with this guy. After being so busy with work, coaching, grad school and my grad school internship for what seemed like FOREVER {fine, just three years, but who's counting?}, I am so happy to come home after work every night and not have an agenda that keeps me away until 9 or 10 p.m. We are able to get things done around the house, runs errands and grocery shop, make dinner, walk the pups, hang out and watch our favorite shows TOGETHER. You know, the things most couples do.

// doing lots of yard work. Don't get me started on all the sod Shawn has purchased and replaced, more than once, in our yard. We've removed plants, moved plants, planted flowers. We still have a dead tree to replace, but holy guacamole, trees are expensive little bastards! We have some woods behind our house, and I've been scoping out some of the younger trees growing in there for possible replacements. No joke.

 photo edca80a7-31eb-4d0f-816d-0627cc613ea4_zps80b5ae1c.jpg

// getting excited about the Ohio Blogger Meet & Greet that Shane from Whispering Sweet Nothings and I are hosting on June 14 at Zauber Brewing in Columbus. RSVP to Shane {her email is on her blog, so go check her out! Plus, she has $500 to Walmart up for grabs, if you're into winning things}!


8 comments:

Because of Jackie said...

I think I started that book, too, a long time ago and could never get into it! Thankfully it was a library loaner, so I didn't lose out on money;)

srjones03 said...

I would hire you to paint my house. I've had the paint and supplies for over 6 months now, but HATE doing it!

The key to sod surviving is WATER. Sod needs TONS of water. Seriously - water it until it's soaked and then water it some more. Sod is expensive and if you don't water it will die. You don't want to have to continue to replace it!

I haven't decided if I'm going to the blogger meet up yet. My parents will be in town that weekend, and I'm sure they will freak out that I want to meet up with people I met on the internet.

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

Have such a good trip! Long Beach is a pretty fun town with lots to do. The Aquarium of the Pacific is pretty cool if you like aquariums. If you have a rental car, you can always drive PCH down to Newport and go to the beach there and eat at the Crab Cooker- it's delicious!

The Rachael Way said...

I can't wait to meet you soon!

Rachel Emily said...

TWO DINNERS? Girl after my own heart, you are.

Erin LFF said...

Please come paint my house haha- or teach me how!!! :)

He Calls Me Grace said...

Can't wait to meet everyone at the meet and greet too!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...