Wednesday, June 18, 2014

the vodka that's good for your health

 photo photo12_zpsb0ff3f9d.jpg

 photo photo22_zpsd5ec1fbc.jpg

Summer turns me into a bit of a lush. There is just something about sunshine and patio weather that makes me want to indulge in a copious amount of adult beverages. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who ups my alcohol intake during the summer. You wouldn't let me drink alone would you?!

I typically opt for lighter beers - currently, I'm hooked on Sam Adams' Summer Ale and Porch Rocker - but it's nice to be able to switch it up with a refreshing cocktail.

ByeJoe Red is distilled from 100% red sorghum, which is one of the world's most important grains and, according to ByeJoe's website, is rich in antioxidants, filled with B vitamins and an excellent source of protein. So pretty much this vodka is good for your health, or at least that's how I see it. And it's naturally gluten free, so drink up - for the health of it.

 photo photo32_zps1c3bbc8c.jpg
{Click on "Mixology" on ByeJoe's website for more recipes!}

This past weekend, Shawn and I did something good for our health and made cocktails with ByeJoe Red. The recipe we used called for 1 oz of each: ByeJoe Red, rum {we used Captain Morgan}, Peach Schnapps, cranberry and orange juice. I added a bit more cranberry and orange juice to taste and frozen mixed berries, because it made the drink pretty.

 photo photo42_zps5c019eb5.jpg

 photo photo51_zpsba3cab49.jpg

Shawn didn't end up liking the vodka {he's not much of a vodka guy} - it has a very strong smell and a bit of a different taste, which I assume is from the red sorghum - but I really liked the drink that I made. It was a perfect patio night, so naturally we were feeling outdoorsy and drank on our deck.

And because I'm trying to take more of an interest in my health, I'll be indulging in more of the ByeJoe Red vodka upon my return from California. Yep, today, I'm off to Long Beach with three lady friends to soak up as much of the west coast as we can in five days. Needless to say, I'm abandoning this space during that time, but duh, you can stalk me on Instagram.

Now, I'm off to get drunk on a plane! Cheers!

Disclaimer: I received a bottle of ByeJoe Red as compensation for my review.

4 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

I love fresh fruit in drinks, even just in water!! Ps- I know this post is about vodka, but I'm loving your shirt!! ;)

Erin LFF said...

I want your haircut. FYI.

Janna Renee said...

Seems legit! Healthy alcohol is definitely enticing!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...