Friday, July 25, 2014

lessons from my husband {part 2}

 photo 1010867_812706188655_2704079690967874875_n_zps4db6b655.jpg
{read more lessons from Shawn here}

 photo 74029_10150094369610129_2215295_n_zps7a8d83f3.jpg

Lesson 1: Kill 'em with laughter. This might seem insensitive given he has red hair, but Shawn is a bit of clown. He has no qualms about putting on a funny hat or wearing an awkward costume {because he hates costume parties so he goes for shock value} just to amuse his friends. He's also quite witty. Which is annoying because I'm not very witty, and he crushes me with one-liners and comebacks. Plus, people like people who make them laugh. And Shawn is pretty damn funny. Plus, he can laugh at himself. He's really got a win-win personality.

 photo photo42_zpsc9a92b4c.jpg

Lesson 2: Being an adult is overrated. Shawn loves playgrounds {though now his look like team shops and Best Buy}. He loves getting packages in the mail, and rips them open to immediately try on his latest pair of shoes or team apparel {most likely another half zip, because you know those things don't all look alike}. He has made the comment that he is excited to have kids so he has an excuse to play with Legos again. He laughs at the words "poop" and "fart," and he laughs when he farts. But so do I. We're so immature. He does throw the occasional temper tantrum - though it is usually silent, which might be worse than kicking and screaming in the middle of the toy aisle at Target. But I love that Shawn is never afraid to embrace his inner child. EVER.

 photo photo52_zps67009b09.jpg

Lesson 3: Tell your wife over and over you want something until she gives in. Once Shawn gets an idea in his head, he wants instant gratification. He wants that something to appear or to happen RIGHT NOW! And he won't stop talking about it until I either agree to it or I just come home to it in our house. Since moving into our house in March {mind you the reason he wanted to look at this house was for the basement}, he has nagged me into agreement on new tiling on the fireplace, new carpet in our living room and on our basement steps {the rest coming soon I'm sure} and a new leather chair. Trust me, it's not that I didn't want these things, I just didn't need those things RIGHT NOW. But he is an incessant little booger.

 photo 1794557_653988851330584_2118638307_n_zpsfc334c97.jpg

Lesson 4: Everything will work out. I don't know if I have ever truly seen Shawn stressed. He takes everything in stride and rarely misses a beat. He has this confidence that everything will work, and surprisingly, it does. Whether he realizes it or not, he embodies Theodore Issac Rubin's idea that, "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Shawn doesn't make rash decisions when presented with a problem. He's very thoughtful and logical when it comes to finding solutions. And he has an impeccable ability to calm me down and reassure me that everything will work out.

 photo IMG_9649_zpsecdbce51.jpg


Happy 31st birthday {tomorrow} to my redheaded lover.
He melts my heart. He frustrates the shit out of me sometimes. He makes me laugh. He loves me even when my hair is crazy in the morning unconditionally. He is fiercely loyal. He is my best friend.
I love you.

7 comments:

Katie said...

ADORABLE post!!!! Happy bday Shawn!

Kristine said...

This was adorable. Happy early birthday to your redheaded lover. Yay for having a red head as our other halves :) Though with mine you can't really tell because he shaves his head so... You just know by his skin color :)

Brianne Bracco said...

Hahahaha!!! I can repeat something I want over and over again and in one ear and out the other it goes and if I didn't have my hubs as the "everything will work out one" then our house would explode with anxiety .

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

These pictures are so priceless!

Shybiker said...

You lucky girl! Your Shawn is adorable.

Mary said...

So sweet! Happy belated, Shawn!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...