Thursday, July 3, 2014

my summer reading list

 photo 6a2305b6-c9fe-47ba-830d-c73f82bca806_zps873f4456.jpg

Nerd alert: I love to read. I've loved it since I was a little girl. I truly love getting lost in the author's story and escaping from reality for a little while. And one of my absolute favorite things to do is spend time in the library. You know the place where they keep actual books? It may be the only place in public that truly values silence and the power of a whisper.

The other day I was going to go shopping after my book club brunch, but I had this overwhelming feeling that I NEEDED to go to the library. I know, total friggin' nerd! But it was so relaxing.

I had no idea what books {other than Mystic River for book club and The Zookeeper's Wife, which I've reserved three times and still haven't read} I was after, which was part of the appeal. So I just wandered around a bit, judging books by their covers {I can't help it} and reading titles and synopses, until my arms were full and I looked obnoxious.

Anyway, here's how my summer reading list came together:

// One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern

// Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

// Hidden Agendas by Lora Leigh

// The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman

// Replay by Marc Levy

// The Martian by Andy Weir

Such a variety of genres - I mean, I picked up The Martian, a sci-fi novel, based on the sweet librarian's raving review. I didn't have the heart to tell her that sci-fi really isn't my thing, but I also felt that I really owed this book a chance. And other than the two books I went in for, I had never heard of these titles. There is a lot of reading in the sun in my future.

And yes, I'm fully aware that my nerd is showing.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I'm a reader, too. I'll have to look into these books, I haven't heard of any of them. Let us know how they are :)

Because of Jackie said...

I'm a nerd with you! I love to read and always have several going at the same time! I read while cooking, waiting in line, in bed at night, I always find time to pick up a book. I've been devouring all of John Greene's novels (Paper Town is awesome), love the Outlander series (fave of all time), and love Elin Hilderbrand for a great Summer read. Nerds unite!

Rose L said...

Love, love, loved The Zookeeper's Wife but I am partial to books set during the Holocaust/WWII. The Martian is on my list to read. I've heard good things about it.

Blogger Ash said...

I love reading too! I'll have to check out your recommendations. Flash giveaway @ my site.

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Ooh, I love a good book list. I'm a voracious reader and am always looking for the next one!

Lilhm said...

Oooh that looks like an excellent bunch of books. I, due to work commitments, have been unable to indulge in fiction lately. So I've been compiling a some what massive list of books to read as soon as I am able. I'm think I'll be adding all of these to the ever growing list haha

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...