Friday, July 18, 2014

the types of friends i keep

 photo 1392022_761069394205_1073461733_n_zps3d687d97.jpg

I don't mean to brag, but I roll with a pretty amazing crew. I've always been a social butterfly and enjoy meeting new people. As I've gotten older, though, I have become aware of who is a true friend and who is an acquaintance. I don't mean to sound flippant, but I think we all get to a point in our lives when we realize who is worth making time for, and who is not.

Thinking about the friendships that I have, I've realized that each one offers something valuable to my life. Typing that out I realize it sounds very selfish and self-serving, but why would I have friends who didn't enrich my life? Isn't that the point of having friends?

Anyway, here are the types of friends I keep:

 photo ry3D4806_zpsaa39a494.jpg

// The type that makes me laugh. Like pee-my-pants laugh. It's one of my favorite things about my friends. No matter what, we always find a way to laugh.

 photo fe56bc96-c216-4862-9930-8a6b4cd8413b_zps52376adc.jpg

 photo DSC01450.jpg

// The type that challenges me. We all need people who are going to call us on our bullshit. Who are going to disagree with us. To help us think about things differently. These types of friends help us grow.

 photo 10155477_808968259495_2335939941868178421_n_zps6c0f7238.jpg

// The type that support me. I hope that everyone is lucky enough to have friends who will drop everything to be by your side when you need them most. Friends who have your back, no matter what. Even when you're wrong. Friends who celebrate your successes. Friends who let you cry and cry with you. Friends who believe in you.

 photo DSC_0458_zps6df28124.jpg

// The type that loves me unconditionally. There are so many people in this world that will judge you and make you feel less than, your friends shouldn't be those people. I believe that true friends will always love you anyway.

 photo 943770_715205126565_287075356_n_zps4854776d.jpg

 photo 1618595_653991777996958_1435404418_n_zpse05045db.jpg

// The type that lets me be myself. If you can't be yourself with your friends, then they aren't really your friends. In my opinion, real friends accept you for who you are. It's that simple.

 photo DSC_0460_zpsca3cd8cc.jpg

 photo b32b4258-07d7-4d47-98a8-bfeea7000f8b_zps2de3d11e.jpg

// The type that inspires me. I am so lucky to have friends who are smart, beautiful inside and out, creative, caring and inspiring. My friends inspire me dream and chase those dreams. My friends inspire me to never settle for less than I deserve. And they inspire me to be a better version of myself.

 photo IMG_9649_zpsecdbce51.jpg

// The type I can't live without. We all have people who have come in and out of our lives at different times, for different reason, to teach us different lessons about life and ourselves. But the friends I hold dear, the ones who have stood by my side through the ups and downs, ins and outs are the ones that I cannot live without. 

Do your friends enrich your life or do they drag you down?

11 comments:

Because of Jackie said...

Oh, I love this! I find that as I get older I want only those around me that aren't high maintenance and don't nit pick the little things. I need support, and laughter, and a good listening ear. (Which I hope I GIVE, too!)

callie ;) said...

the picture of you, brittany, and me is one of my very faves! your friendship has been a blessing to me for so many reasons, many of which you listed in this post. love you, holls!

V @ X-tremely V said...

I love this! I started making a change a couple of years ago to make sure I was surrounding myself would good people. I eliminated the toxic ones and life has been really been good ever since :)

Renee said...

Holly I love this post because it's all so true! One thing I'm learning the most over the last couple of years is that I only want the most positive people in my life.
Your friends sound great! :)

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

You should definitely dress like a flapper always, you look adorable!

Erin LFF said...

You are one lucky gal to have so many great friends in your life! Also... you are stunning, always!

Lindsey said...

I absolutely LOVED this post. And for some reason I got a tear in my eye when reading it.
I am so lucky to call you my friend, and you are such an amazing person.

Elizabeth Dietz said...

What an awesome post!! I have definitely learned that as I have gotten older the quality of my friends is way more important that the quantity of them.

Krystal R. said...

Sounds like we have the same friends! Seriously though, I loved this post!

Shybiker said...

What a smart post. Most of us confuse real friends with acquaintances until we're older and see the important distinction. Good for you to have this insight early on. There's little better than having close friends.

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...