Thursday, July 10, 2014

this is the stuff i think about after a couple beers

 photo palpants1_zpscffb87ef.jpg

How did I get here? How did any of us get to where we are today? Call it fate, luck or the plan of something much bigger than yourself, but we all got here. To this exact moment. Differently.

I think about all the decisions I've made in my life that have gotten me here. And it's mindblowing to think that just one could have changed the whole course of my life. My whole direction. My whole purpose. I have no idea which decision that would be, but life is full of choices and to think that choosing differently - just once - could have changed everything is absolutely crazy.

Think about it. What if I wouldn't have gone to the college I did? What if I wouldn't have taken that first job? What if I wouldn't have said yes to this or no to that? What if I didn't meet the people I know now? Where would I be then? How might my path have been different? I think it's weird that I think about these things, but it is just as insane to think that one thing, one decision, one moment in time, could have changed everything.

It's not that I want to change my life. Although, sure there are parts that I wish I could undo - mistakes that I've made - but if I hadn't had those experiences, how would I have gotten here? I wouldn't trade the life lessons - the good and the bad and the meh. No, those are my mistakes, my memories, my journey through this life.

It's easy to take things in life for granted. The everyday things, the constant things, the expected things. But I sometimes think about how one decision could have meant that I didn't have those things. And that grounds me. It makes me appreciate every step that has led me here.

So how did I get here? Fate, luck and the plan of something bigger than myself. And a lot of choices. 

I don't dwell on this, it just pops up every now and then - like right now. After two beers on our deck in the warmth of the setting Ohio sun, when the only sound is the chirping of a couple birds, the hum of the neighbor's A/C, a lawn mower in the distance. Wait, now a dog is barking. Anyway, it pops up probably right when I need it. For clarity. For motivation. For peace of mind. To remind me that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. 

8 comments:

Because of Jackie said...

I do the SAME thing! I got denied my first choice college and ended up breaking up with a boyfriend who went there, then on a whim went to the college I did. Then I met my now husband, who went into the military after….and here I am in Michigan! I think fate has a hand in life and something out there knew that I needed this life I have and not the other one I thought I needed.

Kimmi said...

Wow you get really deep after a couple beers! I only get that deep after an entire bottle of wine! But still those are the type of things that I think about at 11:30 PM when I know I have to be up early!

Helene in Between said...

this post made me realize I need to be deeper in my thoughts! I love it! I agree- we are all where we need to be!

Chasing Elephants said...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/gaze.gif
Deep.

Karrine Beasley said...

Yep i think the same thing allll the time! its that whole butterfly effect idea of one little action changing everything!!!! :)

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I do this all the time! It's so crazy to think about how many little things played a hand in getting you to where you are!

Elizabeth Dietz said...

This post is definitely SO TRUE! I often think "what if" but then I remind myself that if those "what ifs" had happened I might not have found the man of my dreams, accomplished my dream of going to law school, moved away from home, or done so many other things in my life. But it definitely doesn't stop me from sometimes wondering those "what ifs"

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...