Thursday, August 28, 2014

10 things I want to do

 photo c396dfbc-f39c-4a9d-8e98-1f44713ec93d_zps48e3b820.jpg
{Santa Monica, California in June 2014}

There are so many times that I find myself wanting more. More check marks on the ol' bucket list. More time off. More money {if I'm being honest}. More "ah ha!" moments. More knowledge. More sense of accomplishment. More Chipotle and wine. Every time this happens, I always wonder if it's because I'm unsatisfied or if it's just because I have dreams that have yet to be realized. And to be honest, it's both.

And I'm to blame. I over think everything to the point that I get frustrated with myself. I over think my dreams and goals to the point that I hold myself back from actually pursuing them. I let fear and failure win. Don't get me wrong, I've accomplished some goals I've set for myself, but that doesn't mean I'm even close to being done. But really, who is?

I hope that I never stop pushing myself - even when it seems impossible and so so so difficult. I hope I never stop dreaming and striving for every goal I set for myself. But I have to stop getting in my own way, and start believing that my dreams and goals are worth pursuing and that I can do this.

One of my favorites, Meagan at Because of Jackie is hosting a linking up, challenging people to think of 10 things they want to do - now or in the future. Ten things you want to do for YOU. Here are 10 things I want to do {in no particular order}:

// Go to California. {June 2014}. Shall I dare say live in California?

// Have a baby. This might shock some of my friends, but I really do want to be a mom. I often envision myself pregnant and as a mom. I'm not sure when Shawn and I will decide the time is right for us to become parents, but I know this is something I {and we} want to do.

// Visit Italy and Ireland. My dad's side of the family is Italian {and Irish} and Shawn is quite obviously Irish {though his dad's side is German}, and we have talked about visiting both countries to embrace our heritage.

// Take a photography class or learn from a photographer. I work for a university so I have access to a photography class anytime I want. I also have several photographer friends whose brains I could pick. I would really like to turn my hobby {and work responsibility} into an {small} income reality.

// Design clothing. Even if it's just one piece for myself.

// Discover my true passion. There are a lot of things that I would love to do, but, if I'm being honest, I haven't found my true calling. Although, maybe it's staring me in the face and I'm too afraid to peel my hands away from my eyes to see it. 

// Never work another day. I want to find a job that doesn't feel like a job. Don't get me wrong, my job is just fine, but it feels like a job. Whether I work for myself or still have a boss, I want to find something that means more than a paycheck. Again, don't get me wrong, I am committed to my job and while I care about the work we do, it still feels like a job. I keep thinking that when I discover my true passion, I'll never work again. I hope I'm right.

// Clean out my closet. I have been meaning to do this for soooooooo long! There are so many clothes in my closet that I don't wear. That I've held on to for years in hopes that I will wear them again. But it's time to face the music, and do a major purge. I still have clothes in a box from moving in March that I haven't unpacked. Clearly those clothes aren't necessary. I want to shop smarter and truly buy items that I know I'll wear. Even if it means buying an item I love in multiple colors.

// Skydive. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I'm not sure when I will get around to it, but it's staying on my bucket list.

// Get another tattoo. I've had one in mind since my grandma died almost two years ago. I've been told that the placement of it will stretch when I have a baby, so I'm waiting until after that to get it. But that doesn't mean I don't other ideas and places I could ink.

The question now isn't can I do these things, but rather will I? 

What 10 things will you do {other than one being linking up with Meagan}?

10 comments:

callie ;) said...

you will be a great mom someday, when it's right for you and shawn! :)

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Designing clothes is such a cool goal!!

Because of Jackie said...

Oh shoot, I should have put designing clothing, too! That would be awesome! Thanks for linking up, and for the shout out;)

Whitney Ellen said...

Ah, take me with you to Italy and Ireland. Add Scotland in the mix and I know a certain bearded man who would insist to join us. ;)

Erin LFF said...

I think if you visit Italy and Ireland you will be so overcome with the beauty of it all you'll come home a mom! ;) Hehe! I feel you on never working another day... I'm in a rut where I need to change paths and don't quite know where to go but I know I need to find something that I enjoy more!

emily said...

i had a few students go skydiving earlier this week and loved it. i think it would be awesome, but i'm just not sure i'm ready. ha.

Brianne Bracco said...

Italy and Ireland are on our travel list too! My husband still has family in Italy and according to my liver...I'm very Irish ;) Nothing beats living in California... We are 2 hours away from mountains, forest, snow, or beach and we are spoiled with our seasons.

lisacng @ expandng.com said...

I hope you can find a job that's not a job. Working is such a big part of our lives, it's best if you love what you do and it doesn't feel like work.

Shybiker said...

What a great list of ambitions! It's valuable to imagine fun activities.

Two I discovered recently I recommend to you: flying in a hot-air balloon and flying in a helicopter. Both are lots of fun and very different from what you expect. Both are available at several places for a few bucks. They make a terrific gift to a spouse for an anniversary. I also recommend attending live theater and live music concerts.

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...