Monday, August 18, 2014

simple pleasures

 photo photo5_zpsbd497c84.jpg
{my favorite photo from the weekend}

There is nothing like spending the weekend in a state park to remind me of the simple pleasures in life. Like not needing to pack makeup! Seriously, that is the best kind of getaway, am I right?

This weekend, my family {minus Shawn - he had to work} went to Deer Creek State Park in Mt. Sterling, Ohio - only about 45 minutes to an hour southwest of Columbus. I had no idea I lived so close to this place! There is so much to do here - hiking, kayaking, boating, golfing, swimming, tennis {which my mom, sisters and I discovered we are not good at. At all.}, and more, including my new favorite - shuffle board! Can you believe I had never played shuffle board before?! 

 photo DeerCreek_zpsd5b5a9ed.jpg

Top row: morning hiking.
Middle row: More views on our hikes, a giant snake in a tree and having my make up done by a 2-year-old.
Bottom row: Throwing rocks into the lake, hours of playing the fishing game and more hiking.

We also spent time playing the card game Three Thirteen, being silly, eating and just enjoying quality family togetherness and, of course, the scenery. The food might not have been the best, the decor might have been outdated {for my taste} and it might have been cloudy and rainy for a spell, but there is nothing quite like getting away and soaking up nature to rejuvenate me and remind me of some of the simple pleasures in life - especially not needing to do your hair and makeup.

8 comments:

Shybiker said...

Gorgeous photos. Nature is beautiful. I have a year-round pass to all of our state parks to do what you did. Nice post.

Shybiker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystal R. said...

Great pics! Glad you had a great weekend!

Jamie Vespa said...

I love a good weekend spent outdoors. Those are some of the best weekends :)

Katie Conkell said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend! I've never played shuffle board either, guess I'll have to learn someday.

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

It's so good just to get away and unplug!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Janna Renee said...

I need to find a good park around here. That one looks awesome!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...