Friday, September 12, 2014

15 things i'm going to do this fall

 photo 15FallThings_zps1c77cc17.jpg

Fall is my favorite season - the weather, the colors, the fashion, football, the smells. I love it all. The weather here in Ohio is starting to cool off, which means Shawn and I are busting out the hoodies and the pumpkin candles. Fall never seems to stick around long enough here in the Midwest, so I plan to soak and enjoy every minute. Here is my fall bucket list: 

// Try a pumpkin spice latte. I'm almost embarrassed to say I've not yet had one, but this is my year.

// Go apple picking and make {spiked} apple cider. I went apple picking for the first time last year with my niece, my sister and her husband. I then made my first batch of apple cider and an apple pie. Look at me being domestic.

// Try a new restaurant. Columbus has a lot of amazing restaurants, and I'm hoping that I can peel Shawn away from football long enough to try just one of them. Or schedule a girls' night - that will probably be more likely.

// Blog every day in October. Join Blogtober14 hosted by Helene and Taylor.

// Go to a pumpkin patch and decorate and/or carve pumpkins. Another thing I'm almost embarrassed to say - I've never been to a pumpkin patch {that I remember anyway}. I would love for Shawn and I to go pick pumpkins with which to decorate our porch and back deck.

// Make a burlap wreath or some other fall-inspired DIY project. This calls for another D-I-Wine Night.

// Go to Columbus Oktoberfest or drink my fair share of Oktoberfest beer. Samuel Adams Oktoberfest if our go-to.

// Recreate at least five outfits from my Fall Fashion pin board. Layers! Hoodies! Flannels! Boots! Yes, yes, yes, yes! This is the best season for fashion, and this year is even better because sweatpants are in style!

// Have a bonfire and make s'mores. Shawn and I have a fire pit in our backyard, and I hope to put it to good use for s'more making. I cannot remember the last time I had a s'more and that's upsetting.

// Tailgate on campus for an Ohio State game. We Buckeyes take our football seriously, and tailgating on campus, while rather crowded depending on where you go, is so much fun!

// Finish Gone Girl and see the movie. I'm not Ben Affleck's biggest fan, but I'm really hoping he can do the role of Nick Dunne justice in the film.

// See Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and This is Where I Leave You. If you haven't read This is Where I Leave You, I highly recommend reading it before seeing the movie. It's a great novel.

// Decorate our mantel. I'm struggling to find the right combination of pieces for our mantel. I'm hoping to pull it together this season. Our new house is slowly coming together and I'm trying to take it one room or part of a room at a time, so that I don't feel too overwhelmed by it or spend too much money all at once.

// Clean out my closet. I told myself I was going to do this in the summer, but the two times I went in there to do it, I just didn't have it in me. Why is it that getting rid of clothing is so difficult? There are so many things I don't wear and even things that still have the tags on them. It's time to make room for the duds I do wear and the items I want to purchase this season. And organize my shoes!

// Go hiking in Hocking Hills. I was able to go hiking in Deer Creek State Park this summer during a long family weekend, but I want to go hiking when all the leaves are those beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. Which will also mean copious amounts of pictures.

What's on your fall bucket list?

16 comments:

V @ X-tremely V said...

This is a great list Holly! I want to do all the same things..but I need more time! lol!
We took Xavier to Apple Hill Orchard last year, but it was too muddy to do any actual picking :( I am hoping it will be different this year! Plus, he LOVES apples now :) I can't say that I have been to a pumpkin patch either. Probably when I was really little. I would love to take X to one too!
We are going to Ocktoberfest in Minister (by Dayton I believe) the first weekend of October. I can't wait!

Audra said...

I can knock a few of those off your list. Go to new restaurant with your girlfriends, and then go see any of those movies you mentioned. Done and done! :) Oh, and we can get pumpkin spiced lattes before Mockingjay, as per our usual style. Boom!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Love this list! And yes girl get your butt to a pumpkin patch! Try to find one that also features a corn maze and make an afternoon out of it.

When is Mocking Jay part 1 coming out? I feel like I've been waiting forever :-P

Happy Friday!

Brianne Bracco said...

Not just saying it because I love the Pumpkin Spice Latte, but you if you like pumpkin, then you will love it! Pumpkin patches are also a must...my husband and I are like two big kids filling our wagon with different pumpkins and pulling it around the patch :)

Erin LFF said...

such a good list!! :) I'm excited to go apple picking, make cider, s'mores- nom nom nom! :) I need to read the 3rd HG book before the movie- ack!!

Because of Jackie said...

Great list! I want to have friends over for a fire pit/smores party, I want to sit in our tub tub more with my husband and a glass of wine, go apple picking with my kids, and a hay ride, and enjoy the Fall with hot apple ciders and pumpkin spice candles! And wear layers….YES!

Aukele Cockett-Askew said...

I'm not a fan of PSL. Good luck with that! I am IN LOVE with salted caramel mochas though!! ENJOY :)

Alison Brittain said...

Great list! Just a heads up if you haven't finished gone girl yet...the ending made me want to throw the book out a second story window. I loved it...until the ending. No spoiler, just wanted you to be prepared! Based on the preview I felt like Ben Affleck fit the bill perfectly of the husband, but we'll see!

I have a hard time stealing my husband away from Saturday football too, LSU though!

emily said...

i'm game for hiking....I've never been to Hocking Hills. Also, I can't wait for Gone Girl to come out. Should we do a movie date for the girls? And I vote for a burlap wreath at the next DIWine night. And a bonfire after we craft.

bam, i just helped you knock off four or five things.

Brita Long said...

My primary fall goal is to go to a corn maze and a pumpkin patch. When I first moved to Ohio two years ago, my now-husband and I did an awesome corn maze that also had a pumpkin patch! There's a good chance we'll just go to the same one again this year. Plus they sold delicious apple cider, because I am not domestic enough to make it myself.

The biggest decision is do I want to carve my pumpkin, aka drill holes in a fancy design and poke Christmas lights through it... Or paint my pumpkin. I'm torn!

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

These all sound like such fun things to do in the fall season. Good luck!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Love your list! I like fall well enough, but in Arizona there is no such thing..ha!

God bless,
XO, Claire
Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

Krysten Quiles said...

Pumpkin spice lattes are overrated. I tried one this year and just can't. Too sweet.

Steph G said...

Love your list. I've never had a pumpkin spice latte either, but I've never been a huge pumpkin person (unless it's a BBW candle.) I LOVED your D-I-wine night idea. We attempted to have one last night, but it ended up just being wine. Hope you are able to check all of these off your list :)

Amber D said...

Being originally from Ohio I love all of these. Hocking Hills is amazing :)

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...