Tuesday, September 2, 2014

d-i-wine night: glitter state wall art

 photo c592b380-2bda-469a-a335-13d43e807a7d_zpsf7f25c60.jpg
{originally pinned from Two Twenty One}

Do you have a Pinterest board full of DIY projects you've never done? Well, I do {check out my DIY board}. And one night I was craving some girl time and wine, and I decided to host a D-I-Wine Night - DIY project plus wine consumption {get it? DIY -- D-I-Wine?}. And it sounds cooler than "craft night."

 photo DIWine5_zps9a79d142.jpg

Last Thursday, I picked a DIY project and invited my lady friends over. I provided the supplies for the project {plus a snack and a couple bottles of wine}, and they brought food and wine.

Supplies needed for glitter state wall art: your state outline printed on cardstock // scissors // colorful cardstock {to which to adhere your glitter state} // glitter // Mod Podge // foam brushes // Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealant // an 8x10 frame

 photo DIWine1_zps59e5cd87.jpg

1. Cut out your state. I printed out enough for everyone to make two since this project didn't take long to complete.

 photo DIWine13_zpsd3091733.jpg

 photo DIWine10_zpsbf532b65.jpg

2. Cover it in glitter. Spread Mod Podge all over the front of your state cutout using a foam brush, then apply glitter. Lots and lots of glitter.

 photo DIWine14_zps2a119d2c.jpg

3. Shake off access glitter.

4. Spray a light layer of Mod Podge clear acrylic sealant over the glitter to seal it. We did this step outside. I sprayed several light layers of sealant on my glitter state, just for good measure.

 photo DIWine2_zps4a547638.jpg

 photo DIWine9_zpsf0ac4d06.jpg

 photo DIWine6_zpsa0975be2.jpg

5. Affix your glitter state to colored cardstock for desired look with Mod Podge using a foam brush.

 photo DIWine8_zps83053e63.jpg

 photo DIWine12_zps2096c6c0.jpg

6. Frame your glitter state art. Mine fit best in an 8x10 frame. You may need to shake off access glitter one last time before framing.

FYI: If the glitter on your hands...

 photo DIWine3_zpsee41897c.jpg

Ends up on your face... {you can't really tell, but my dear Audra was covered in glitter!}

 photo DIWine4_zps9c3c5b99.jpg

Lint roll yourself.

 photo DIWine7_zps5352a6f6.jpg

We are still finding glitter in the kitchen and on the deck {and maybe on the dog...maybe}, so Shawn made me promise not to do anymore glitter DIY projects - in the house anyway. Overall, the first D-I-Wine Night was a success, and my friends and I have decided that it should be a monthly thing. Time to pin our next project for this month. Cheers!

What is one of your favorite DIY projects?

16 comments:

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

This look so fun and your craft turned out great!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Whitney Ellen said...

LOVE that you just posted this because I just pinned a similar craft last night for the new apartment. I thought a framed Florida would be a perfect addition! ;)

V @ X-tremely V said...

What fun! I need to find the time to host an evening like this :) Thanks for sharing Holly! And I love the brown and orange one :)

Erin LFF said...

Soooo super cute! The craft and the party idea both! :)

Audra said...

I am just racking up the reasons why I'm never invited over to your house again, ever. Sorry Shawnie!

Because of Jackie said...

How cute is this! Love the glitter art and the wine night, what a great idea for a club or a group of friends!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

What a fun night! And they look like they turned out great!!

Mallory said...

I just got all the supplies to make one of those "sand from vacation" ornaments! I'll be doing a post on it next week:)

Helene in Between said...

this is such an awesome idea! I am sprucing up my office and this just might do the trick!

Helene in Between said...

this is such an awesome idea! I am sprucing up my office and this just might do the trick!

Nikki said...

That looks so fun. I would love to come to one of these sometime.

Krystal R. said...

Such a cute little craft project. Even I could attempt this and Im not very crafty!

K @ Keeping Up With K... said...

Those are so cute - pinning to my To Do board!

I run a childcare centre and glitter is my worst nightmare - we never seem to get rid of it! It even manages to find its way into my office almost daily and every time I have a conversation with one of my employees I have to point out that they have glitter somewhere on their face! haha

Ericka said...

Love this idea! I definitely want to host one of these with my girlfriends, especially this winter when we are feeling stuck in the house because of snow and cold :)

Kelly said...

What a cute idea and I love that you made a party of it!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...