Wednesday, September 10, 2014

one fall trend i have and will embrace foooooreeeevvvverrrrr

For the love of sweatpants

{find these sweatpants: here, here, here and here}

Finally! The fashion world is seeing things my way - comfortably. Comfort is king in my wardrobe, whether it's in style or not. I have packed my closet with flow-y tops, more jeans than Buckle, enough t-shirts to clothe myself for a year {this may be an exaggeration, but there's no such thing as too many t-shirts in my book}, way more flats than heels {and most of my heels are actually wedges because they are more comfortable} and SWEATPANTS!

Why? Because I will NEVER accept that beauty is pain, especially when it comes to style. I find that when I am comfortable in my clothing, that's when I feel the most beautiful. And, boy, do I feel sexy in sweatpants. Even the dumpiest of dumpy-butt sweatpants. You know what I'm talking about.

I don't usually embrace many trends because it's not really worth spending my monies on one-season wonders, but sweatpants aren't a trend - at least not for me. Sweatpants are happiness. I have been a huge advocate of wearing sweatpants in public for years, so I'm pretty sure this makes me a trend setter, right?!

Here are my top four reasons for embracing this sweatpants - I refuse to call them joggers - trend this season {and every season for the rest of my life}:

// Free thigh-ing. You know the feeling when your thighs feel like sausages encased in your skinny jeans? Yeah, none of that nonsense with sweatpants.

// You can eat {and eat and eat} without ever having to unbutton your pants. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who has ever felt so full that I had to undo my pants. At least I'm hoping I'm not the only one. Sweatpants are very accommodating for any eating habits.

// They are now work appropriate. Check out that faux-leather trimmed pair on the far right up there. I have dreamed of a job to which I can wear sweatpants, and those bad boys are totally wearable to the office. Dreams do come true, my friends.

// They are effortless. Sweatpants scream "I'm not trying too hard,"and that is my goal with my style. That and comfort. And did I mention sweatpants are comfortable? Perfect for lounging, running errands, eating Thanksgiving dinner and now, nights out with friends.

So what did we learn today? Beauty is not pain, it's being comfortable in our clothing. Sweatpants are in this season and you need a 17 pairs {like me, again maybe an exaggeration, but it's close}. Heaven is real, and everyone is wearing sweatpants there.


P.S. Don't forget to enter to win a $25 Starbucks gift card from my sponsors. Winner announced Friday!

P.P.S. Use code "NEW25" to get 25% off all ad spots through Sept. 30.



12 comments:

Cece said...

I'm down for any type of clothing I can wear outside of the home and still feel like I'm wearing jammies. That totally explains my love for leggings and all things maxi. I'll have to see how I look in these!!

Erin LFF said...

I saw those tuxedo sweats from Old Navy and I want a pair so badly!!! :) I don't think I'd be rocking them with heels, but I LOVE 'EM!

Kayla MKOY said...

I'm trying to find a pair I can rock to work. Sweatpants are where it's AT!!!!!!!

Helene in Between said...

haha!! I totally agree- comfort for the win!!

Jamie @ SnapGinger Blog said...

All hail the cute sweatpant!

Shybiker said...

What a coincidence -- as I'm reading this, I'm wearing sweatpants!

Because of Jackie said...

Ha, I love this! I am a spend money on trends kinda girl (I know, I'm working on it!), but these pants are a great reason to keep doing that;) I also refuse to be uncomfortable in my clothes, I hate pulling and tugging on any article of clothing.

Megan Davey said...

I am ALL about the cute sweatpants. I have my eye on a pair from Gap right now. Cute round up!

Megan from Chasing Davies

Shelley said...

sweatpants for an office setting = LOVE, because like you, i prefer my fashion to be comfy rather than trendy. it's just a double win when you can be both comfy AND trendy :)

Brita Long said...

That's how I feel about my corduroy leggings. Seriously, they're the best. They look like real pants, but they're so comfortable!

Krystal R. said...

Comfort wins any day!!!!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...