Wednesday, October 8, 2014

a letter to myself...in 10 years

 photo alettertomyself_zps921db9f1.jpg

Dear Me...uh, You,

Damn, girl! You look fantastic! I see you found a good colorist, and can we please talk about your skin regimen?! Yeeowza! I see you're in the running for MILF of the year - congrats.

When you wrote this, you were sitting in your living room, in sweatpants {duh - you're probably still wearing that same pair of sweatpants}, had just had a Chinese for dinner, and drinking wine from a stemless glass. Seriously, stemless glasses are genius, less risk of spilling after you've more than two or three glasses. You only had one...fine, two glasses that night.

Anyway, I hope that you're gotten really good at saying 'no' in order to stop taking on too much, and to stop feeling guilty when you do. I hope that if you are a mom, you aren't too hard on yourself or your kid(s). I hope that you remember to not sweat the small stuff, because the stuff you worried about 10 years ago, obviously not an issue {I'm assuming here, of course}. Though I'm sure you have a whole new set of things about which to worry. But trust me, in 10 years, those things won't matter. I hope that you finished that PiYo workout you started two days ago ;) I hope you've checked more items off your bucket list. Scratch that, I hope you made a bucket list. I hope you figured out a cure for Moxyn's and Kilah's allergies. I hope you're debt free, or really close to it. I hope you love your job, and that it doesn't feel like a job. I hope you and Shawn have taken those vacations you've talked about or that they are at least in the planning stages. I hope you finally finished decorating the house. And above all else, I hope you're HAPPY.

Also, 19 years ago, you and Shawn had your first officially date. The Cheesecake Factory. I hope you still go there from time to time and reminisce. If you haven't been there in a while, make plans for a date night stat. And 12 years, Grandma Fenner died. I know you will never forget that phone call from Dad that morning. I hope you still remember her laugh, the smell of her chicken and noodles, the taste of the homemade popsicles and cookies she made, her hug, the time she picked all the toppings off her piece of pizza only to drop it on the floor and say the only curse word you ever heard her utter - shit. I also hope that you still have multiple pairs of the slippers she made. Now, might be a good time for Aunt Karla to teach you how to make them :)

Love,

Me..uh, You

Helene in Between Blogtober

7 comments:

Shybiker said...

What a lovely, imaginative post. Our perspectives change over time and you caught that. Smart insight and entertaining prose. This is a blog-post to be proud of.

alyssa said...

I like the way you spun this. I hope all those things for you too! Crazy to think about what we hope changes and what we hope stays the same a *decade* down the line...

Because of Jackie said...

Wine out of a mason jar WORKS, friend….no spillage;)

Janna Renee said...

Haha you and Helene have the best letters! I'm sure it will all come true, and never stop going to Cheesecake. It's my fave!

Kenzie Smith said...

What a great letter! I currently drink my wine out of old glass fruit jars. I can't figure out if I am thrifty or just cheap ha ha! Isn't it crazy to think of where we will be in 10 years?

Mary said...

You're so cute! Here's hoping all of these things happen - with your determination and general awesomeness I'm sure they will! :)

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...