Monday, October 13, 2014

how to fight the cold in style

 photo HMCoat2_zps25ce83c8.jpg

 photo HMCoat3_zpsa47f0c30.jpg

 photo HMCoat4_zpsb0f97696.jpg

 photo HMCoat6_zps61a623f9.jpg

 photo HMCoat5_zps2d245e51.jpg
{coat and scarf {similar}: c/o H&M; top {option}: H&M; leggings {similar}: Old Navy; booties {similar}: Target}

Living in Ohio my whole life, I am no stranger to frigid temperatures. Though the fall season is my favorite, it never lasts long enough before it succumbs to the bitter cold of winter. I don't know about you, but I put off wearing a coat as long as possible because I don't want fall to end. And I certainly don't want to accept that winter is approaching.

But, because coats are necessary in Ohio for way too many months of the year, I'm thankful that H&M has a great, new selection of jackets and coats that help me fight the cold in affordable style. This weekend, I spent about an hour just trying on coat after coat in H&M trying to decide which one to buy. I had every intention of purchasing a trendy parka, but left with this gem.  

What I love about this coat is the mix of fabrics - faux leather sleeves and chest detail and a textured wool blend. I also love that it's long enough to cover my bum, which gets cold walking around outside in the winter. I was unsure of the lack of collar or hood, but realized that this was the perfect coat for someone who loves wearing chunky scarves, like me. Zip this puppy up and top with a scarf {which is so much better than trying to shove a giant scarf inside my jacket} - perfect.

Here are a few of my other favorite jackets and coats at H&M: parka // wool-blend bloucle //
puffer // leather-trimmed pea coat // caped coat

H&M also has adorable cold-weather accessories, like cashmere-blend beanies and scarves, cable-knit hats, detailed headbands, mittens and leather gloves.

So, how will you fight the cold in affordable style with H&M this winter?
{don't miss H&M's Columbus Day sale ending today - up to 60% off!}

Thank you to H&M for sponsoring this post.

9 comments:

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

Really cute coat! I'm never ready for cold weather!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Stephanie Ryan said...

That jacket is everything! Love!

Steph - Signing Steph

Because of Jackie said...

I feel the same way, I don't love wearing a coat now, because I don't really HAVE TO yet, and we have so many months of coat wearing. YET, I have so many coats that I switch out, including a faux leopard one hat rocks my world. I LOVE this coat on you, very fun;)

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

That coat is gorgeous!

Ali said...

Love that coat!!

Brita Long said...

I had to wear my lightest winter coat last Friday night. It was awful. Luckily the temps have otherwise been fall-like and not wintery, so I can stick with my lightweight black trench for fall/spring. The cold Ohio weather is definitely one of the worst parts of living here! I'm originally from SC, so it's been quite the adjustment.

Erin LFF said...

You are so darn fashionable! Love this outfit :)

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

I LOVE that jacket!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...