Wednesday, October 1, 2014

if i won the lottery i would still...

 photo photo43_zpsa0b41039.jpg

I don't have any doubt that winning the lottery would be life changing. From what I've heard, sometimes the life changes are good. Sometimes they're not so good. I hope that if spent copious amounts of money buying lottery tickets, that the life changes I'd experience by winning would be good. Very good. Like quit my job, travel the world, pay off my students loans, buy an island, hire a chef, etc. etc. etc. good.

But, if I were lucky enough to win an abundance of cold hard cash, I hope that some things would stay the same. Money can change a lot of things, but it cannot change your soul, the things that make you who you are. So, if I won the lottery, I would still...

// Check the sale racks first.

// Drink cheap wine.

// Adopt my pets from an animal shelter.

// Decorate my own home.

// Spend girls' nights in.

// Wear sweatpants in public.

// Have my husband do my laundry ;)

// Drive my own car...a little too fast.

// Be a Cleveland fan.

// Eat cereal for dinner. And mac and cheese.

// Reuse and recycle.

// Use coupons.

// Borrow books from the library.

// Tease my husband about buying too much sports apparel.

// Find silver linings.

// Choose happiness.

What would you still do if you won the lottery?


Helene in Between

16 comments:

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Yes! I love that you wrote about it from this perspective!

Helene in Between said...

haha yes! love the way you did it! and I'm with you on all of this.

Caley Beacham said...

Love the spin you took on this one! All about some of that cheap wine!

alyssa said...

Great post! It's easy to get swept up dreaming about how life would be different if we won some cash, but that's not to say everything about our lives should change, right? Love the way you spun this. And I agree on most :)

Brooke Hamilton said...

Even if I won the lottery, I would totally still eat cereal for dinner, and shop sales racks too!

Erin LFF said...

Just another post solidifying why we're bloggy bffs! ;)

Kasey At The Bat said...

"be a Cleveland fan" is easily my favorite thing you'd still do. I like that you spun the prompt your own way!

Myla Munro Ringler said...

What a great spin on the prompt! I love it. You've listed quite a few that I'm totally on board with!

Diana @ wonderfully made. said...

I would still do ALL of these things!!! Cheap wine, sale racks and mac and cheese? You're a girl after my own heart! :)

Shybiker said...

Cute answers. You're way too young to remember this but in the 1950's, there was a TV show called "The Millionaire." The plot was that every week a mysterious, anonymous rich guy would give away $1 Million to an average person; the show would examine what happened to that person. Almost always, their lives went downhill. The money made their lives worse.

Because of Jackie said...

This is such a fun twist on the prompt! I would still adopt from a shelter, drink cheap wine, watch tv on a saturday night with my husband, shop at Target, and parent my own children (no nanny, ever!)

Brita Long said...

I would switch to expensive wine, not because I necessarily think expensive = better, but because after living in France for two years, French wine is my favorite. I drank the cheap stuff there, but the exact same wine is so expensive in the States. Stupid import fees and taxes and whatnot.

But I would totally still check out books from the library (and buy bargains for my Kindle). I LOVE books, but because my husband and I have so many, we are very very careful about which ones we add to our permanent (physical) collection. It's not a money thing--it's a space thing. And a trying-not-to-be-materialistic thing.

Jackie @ Our Nashville Life said...

I love the idea of still wearing sweat pants in public :)

-Jackie
http://ournashvillelife.com/

Jess said...

I adore how you changed this topic to what you would still do or want to do. You actually just reminded me I wanted to go get books from the library tomorrow.

Steph G said...

I love your take on this. I totally agree on the wine, the sweatpants and the dog adoptions (I would just have more than 2 dogs).

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...