Thursday, November 20, 2014

listen to this



I'm about to make your Thursday a little bit better. Not that Thursday isn't great already - I mean, hello, #tbt and #TGIT (or as I call it - Olivia Pope night).

You may or may not know that I am a crime-show junkie. I love true and fictional crime TV shows - anything on ID, Criminal Minds, CSI, etc. - movies, books and now, podcasts. My friends know this about me and encouraged me to listen to Serial, a podcast series from the creators of This American Life hosted by Sarah Koenig.

Each season of Serial follows a true story, and one episode is released each week - on Thursdays in this case. This season's story is about the murder of Hae Min Lee, a Baltimore County, high school senior, on January 13, 1999. I binge-listened to the first eight episodes last week (the ninth episode came out today) - I'm hooked. 

Start at the beginning (I've embedded the first episode above). You won't be disappointed. The series is on hiatus over the Thanksgiving holiday, so you have two weeks to catch up. Along with the episodes there's also supplemental blog posts, maps and photos on the Serial site.

#whokilledhae

6 comments:

Rebekah @ Blue Giraffes and Concrete Jungles said...

I literally just started listening to this, this morning, after seeing it on the Skimm and I wish I could listen to it constantly. I'm about half-way through the 1st episode and I'm so hooked!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am a crime show junkie as well. This is very intriguing!

Kay R. said...

So cool! Thanks

Rachel Emily said...

I keep hearing stuff about this podcast and am a total crime show junkie so I guess you have just convinced me to jump on the bandwagon!

The Rachael Way said...

I'm listening to this right now, as I type! It's so goooood!

Melissa Suggitt said...

i can't believe i have to wait 2 weeks for a new episode :'(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...