Tuesday, December 16, 2014

happiness is...

 photo 01c72e83-d528-435e-bd97-f3cc5f987c2b_zps74c596b3.jpg

On Sunday, my girlfriends and I were finally able to get together for our annual Friendsgiving. We laughed, we cried, we reminisced, we caught up on each others' lives, and we ate a lot of good food and drank a lot of wine.

I left feeling so full not only from the food, but from the love and friendship I share with these amazing women. I was also reminded of how vital a role these ladies play in my life, and how grateful I am that our paths have crossed over the years. I am thankful for each and everyone of them, and the lessons they have taught me about life, love, loss, friendship and joy.

On my drive home, I was completely and utterly happy, which brings me to the point of this post. Happiness is one of the best feelings I experience daily. I'm so lucky that I've experienced a lot of it in my life. Still, I have come to realize that happiness is a choice. It's not always an easy one to make, but for me, optimism and positivity are like oxygen and blood to my existence. I cannot live without them. Admittedly, it can be annoying when all I want to do is be angry or negative or whine. But I choose to see the good in people, in situations, in the lessons that life will, undoubtedly, continue to teach me. Happiness finds us all in large and small, obvious and not so obvious ways-you just have to choose to see it. Right now, in my life:

Happiness is...

 photo IMG_1111_zpsd1be9993.jpg

// Arlee Janelle! My second niece was born this morning, and joins her big sister, Ava.

// sitting around my best friend's dining room table, next to my goddaughter who is getting drunk on Capri Sun, and sharing stories with some of my closest girlfriends.

// a friend, who's wedding I was in last fall, telling me that her flower girl {whom I only met at the rehearsal and wedding and haven't seen since} still remembers me, still calls me "Polly," and wants to tell me "Merry Christmas."

// my new t-shirt, which I purchased {along with many other Ohio-made items} at the Columbus Made Local Marketplace this past weekend.

// coming home to a mailbox full of packages containing Christmas presents for my family.

 photo 77f0da85-dfdf-4fe1-863e-86aac76a9918_zps7bff7d51.jpg


// a handmade ring, from a dear friend, made with pearls from the strand my gal pals and I got her for her birthday that broke.

// having next week and the following week off work for the holidays!

// the most perfect piece of bread for my Jimmy John's sub.

// getting home before Shawn after work and being the one to take the puppies for a walk.

// puppies.

 photo IMG_1110_zps60af2a16.jpg

// a $200 cash giveaway! Follow me on Instagram {@hritter18} and the other bloggers in the loop to enter! No reposting necessary! Good luck!

// fresh sheets, and a clean dog that lays on said sheets.

// picking up three-months' worth of book club books at the library.

What is happiness to you?

6 comments:

Krista said...

Such an adorable new niece, congrats! And I can definitely say I'm jealous for your weeks off work, enjoy it!

Ali said...

Your niece is adorable :)

Shybiker said...

Yay! So glad to hear about your happiness.

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

All such great things! You sound like you are in a great place. Giveaway at my blog today!

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

VillageTalent Network said...

fff

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...