Tuesday, January 27, 2015

2015 bucket list

 photo 2015BucketList_zps9zviu3j8.jpg

This year, I've decided to forgo resolutions. I don't stick to them anyway, and why take an unnecessary hit to my self esteem? Instead, I've made a 2015 bucket list {inspired by Sarah and my general love for list making}. How a list of resolutions and a bucket list differ remains to be seen, but in my mind they are VERY different.

I have no doubt that this list will continue to grow throughout the year, but for now, here are 15 things on my 2015 bucket list {in no particular order}:

// Get new carpet in our upstairs

// Build a bar in our basement

// Run my third half marathon {I have plans to run the Cap City half marathon in May. Training officially begins Feb. 14}

// Pay off all credit card debt

// Organize our linen closet

// Organize our garage cupboards {and hopefully redo some of them as they don't all function well in their current state}

// Build a back patio area off our deck {right now we have a random fire pit in the grass next to our deck, and we want to make this area more defined}

// Read 12 books {at least one a month}

// Go on vacation 

// Hang the living room wall decor I've been collecting

// Put money into savings every month...AND DON'T SPEND IT! {clearly, the latter part of that sentence is the key here}

// Get new glasses {been putting this off for approximately 7 years!}

// Buy a 50mm DSLR lens

// Buy a new dishwasher {after the last few times running nit, it's clear that ours is on its last leg}

// Try something new each month

What do you hope to accomplish in 2015?

10 comments:

Pamela said...

ooooh, yes you will LOVE the 50mm! I use my ALL the time!! Love this list :)

Kasey At The Bat said...

I second the love for the 50mm lens! I'm obsessed. I also like the idea of trying something new every month!

Kasey At The Bat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla MKOY said...

Getting that 50mm will be so awesome. These are GREAT things to accomplish before 2015 is over...I love this list!

Because of Jackie said...

These are great! I have so many things I want to do…get my substitute teaching certification go kayaking, run faster and longer, eat better, grow my hair longer and stop dying it, not shop as much (grrrrrr….), and go on more dates with my hubby!

Brianne Bracco said...

We are on the organization and credit card paying train as well this year. Oh to be an adult...but that travel bug has me itching a bit too ;)

Erin LFF said...

Love your list!! :) I like to do month-by-month goals or otherwise I won't do anything and my self-esteem suffers as well ;) Lots of house projects on our list as well- carpet, some kitchen remodeling hopefully and re-doing ALL the landscaping once it gets warm.. YIKES!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

These are so great! I need to make one myself!

Kay R. said...

Great list!!!

Kati Rose said...

Your house is going to be looking very spiffy by the end of 2015! This is a good idea to make a yearly list including even the little things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...