Tuesday, January 20, 2015

6 ideas for old window panes {that aren't picture frames or mirrors}

I recently purchased an old window pane for $20 at my new favorite antique mall, Heritage Square Antique Mall. I didn't even know I liked antique malls, but now I'm obsessed with this place. So now I'm trying to find the perfect place to hang said window pane and how. Not how to hang it, but how to decorate with it. I don't want to use it as a picture frame or mirror, so I did what any woman would do, I consulted Pinterest {and Joanna Gaines, who happened to use an old window pane to make this chalkboard planner}. I'm really digging this vintage, modern mix of styles we have going on in our living room and really want to hang the window pane in there, I just need some inspiration.

Here are six ways to decorate with an old window pane, that don't require making it into a picture frame or mirror:





I'm with Kelly-I don't know which I like better, the cabinet or the window pane on the wall. This look feels effortless, yet is gorgeous.




I LOVE this! So simple, yet so stunning. Currently, we have a large mirror over our fireplace. It took forever to hang, so I'd feel bad asking Shawn to take it down. But this is so pretty, I might just have to see what my window pane would look like over our fireplace.


If I had an older home with a ton of charm and character, you better believe I would do this. I love using maps in decor.



I'm thinking of either just hanging the window pane on the wall solo or with a wreath. Have you decorated with an old window pane? If so, how did you use it?

Also, as a sponsor of Because of Jackie this month, I'm part of a $100 Nordstrom gift card giveaway. Enter for your chance to win!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

9 comments:

Claire | Fashion + Feathers said...

These are such great ideas. I have one I bought a couple years ago and since I didn't know what to do with it, it just sits in the basement collecting dust. I should probably do something about that...

Kara Schwieterman said...

I love the headboard & end tables!!

emily said...

i have a window at my parents house that i have yet to bring back to columbus because i don't know what to do with it! great ideas!

also, i'd probably buy a pair of sunglasses at nordstrom that don't cost $5. or maybe the sperry wedges because i've been crushing on them for a while.

Ashley @ A Cute Angle said...

Really cool idea! I love the coffee table.

~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

Brianne Bracco said...

I love above the fireplace and bed looks! I have an old window pane hanging in my laundry/mud room and right now I just hang wreaths from it for all occasions.

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I love the "bed frame" look!

Jen Kunze said...

I would put the $100 towards a new Michael Kors watch!!! :)

Kay R. said...

Such great ideas!! I love them all

Mary said...

These ideas are so gorgeous and look effortless! I love them all and can totally see them as part of your decor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...